Snowbash for Northeast/Midatlantic? | Page 48 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snowbash for Northeast/Midatlantic?

Awwww, congratulations. :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Spas
... Hey, Lizard- I've known you one whole year this month! :eek:

Actually, it was Dec 2nd of last year......:D

Actually, it was Dec 2nd of last year......

Pretty good memory...for an ol' fart ;) :D j/k

It's a good thing for me that this weekend got called off because now I'm completely broke....Hey Shaun, remember that darn plug we couldn't get out of my engine? I thought my mech could get it out in no time...2 hours and a shredded spark plug boot later, I have a new plug and nobody in town, including him, had a replcacement wire/boot :( Cost me $60 in labor and another $30 for a set of Borg Warner plugs (had to drive around with a jury rigged sumbitch on it till I got off work-I flicked it jokingly and the whole wire just fell off!) :eek: Apparently the plugs I got are for the OHV cuz none of them fit on my engine where they're supposed too :banghead:

>sigh<

Truck runs much better now though!

The plugs that you put in were not the right ones and didnt fit? Are you talking about the ones you put in at the last run? How did they not fit?

no no, lol

The spark PLUGS fit and work great (thanks for the tip on plat. +4's, Lizard)

The one that we couldn't quite reach all the way in the back apparently had a ripped rubber boot that had just welded itself to the manifold over time-to get it off my mechanic had to yank on it till its insides ripped out. It was the only way to get to the damn plug (Which was by FAR the worst one of the bunch-figures)

The plug wires I got from Pep Boys, but the dummy behind the register didn't pay attention to me when I said SOHC..he gave me the plugs for the OHV and by time I realized it it was too late. I'll return them this weekend and just replace all the plugs at the same time. With the RIGHT plugs, lol

I hate changing spark plugs sooo much, just busted knuckles, and Lindsey, your's were a real *****. Eh, its 5 am and I'm still up, WTF, at least I'm taking tomorrow off.

riiiiiiiiight

matt how do you like the locker so far? Does it makealot of noise on the road?

It's not so bad, the first day it seemed real noisy, but you kind of have to learn how to drive with it. Last night I was in Manhattan taking corneres sideways with no axle hop (it was raining so it was nice and slick) and it's freaking great. The only scary part is when I'm driving on the highway when its wet and when you shift gears you can kind of feel the rear catch and it sort of tugs you to the right. If only I could try it on the trail. Arg.

Oh yeah, I was supposed to have my snorkel here today, but JB's Offroad took until yesterday to call in my order (I ordered it from them on Sat) So I'm pissed, i have a day off to do nothing when I should be working on the truck.

Remember when I couldnt get my tires to spin even when it was raining? Well, yesterday I put my stock wheels back on for the winter and I can be driving like 25mph and hit the gas and they will break loose. Quite a difference in traction from my Pirelli's. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by lizardtrac
.... here are our options, Nov. 30-31, or Dec. 14th-15th.... let me know what you all think....

We got any other options?? My wife is the photographer for a wedding on the 30th, and my daughter has a Christmas party I have to attend on the 14th.

Jeff, you just cant win, can you:p

We're a mess, aren't we?

(Why is it I'm sitting in front of the computer at 8pm on Friday night?! :rolleyes: )

and Lindsey, your's were a real *****
My truck has a strange desire to mirror his owner, I guess :D lol

You suk, Cj :p :D Fug's got me scared to do anything other than easy starts in 2wd.

Speaking of, anybody notice that their truck handles much better when the AWD is on ? I suppose it's because all the tires are gripping....I pulled an emergency lane change at 60 mph in the rain the other nite and almost lost control because of the huge body roll that came with it. It was like being in a boat on a windy day. Freaked me out!

You suk, Cj :p :D Fug's got me scared to do anything other than easy starts in 2wd.
Why is that?

Speaking of, anybody notice that their truck handles much better when the AWD is on ? I suppose it's because all the tires are gripping....I pulled an emergency lane change at 60 mph in the rain the other nite and almost lost control because of the huge body roll that came with it. It was like being in a boat on a windy day. Freaked me out!
Must be those cheap tires you have on there. :p

Get a better sway bar. I've never expirenced that problem and it doesnt seem like it handles any different with the auto 4x4 on than it does with it off.

Hey now. Those cheap tires have me seeing a financial advisor, lol

I like Matt's EE sway bar and his roadmaster suspension on the white one....think that would work as well on mine?

Like I said, the roll surprised me-it's never done that before- not so drastically anyway.

Somebody want to enlighten me as to why a rear locker is noisy? Only thing I know to compare it to is a limited slip diff, and they don't make any noise...?

she can't spin in AWD, therefore, the truck stays on the road better, It's a Tuna thing, you wouldn't understand

LOL

So why are you scared of anything but a slow start in 2wd?

what huh where who? yeah well when you drive at excessive speeds in 4 low youre in for trouble. thats all i gotta say. Im heading out to chris's tonight (i think he hasnt answered a call since 4pm or so). Matt should be coming out tomorrow morning.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My locker makes noise 'cause its cheap. And the way it works it has these teeth that disengage and allow one wheel to spin faster than the other, instead of slower. But at all times, whatever tire has the most grip will get the most power. Well, at least that's what they say, I'll find out tomorrow when I do stupid stuff with it.

Back