Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

So I bought a Sport Trac

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by GuardianSport, June 21, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. GuardianSport

GuardianSport Active Member

City, State:
    Lindsay, ON
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '04 ST Adrenalin
    Hey guys, long time no see! I stopped posting but I still come around a lot to see what's new and what crazy engine swaps you all do, however, I have news! I bought a Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin!

It's a 2004 model year, and cost me $1200. It had basically every option available for these things and runs like a top. It has 330,000 km on the odometer, which is a lot. 205052 miles for my American friends. However, some of you may remember that 1998 Eddie Bauer I bought way back, it's still around, sitting with approximately 169,000 km on it, 105011 miles. I was wondering if and how difficult a drive-train swap would be if I ever needed to replace the original 4.0 in my Sport Trac.

Both are:

4x4 SOHC
    5R trans
    ???

Any and all input would be very helpful in the future if I need to go down this road.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!