Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

So I goto fix my reverse light...

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by Majisto, October 10, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Majisto

Majisto Active Member

City, State:
      Austin, Texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 XLT
      when I discover there's water in the area where the reverse light is :eek: Apparently some idiot backed into my truck at some point and there's a huge crack down the center of the taillamp assembly, and as luck would have it, water found its way along the lower portion of the assembly, and sat inside the little drilled out area for the reverse light. It must have been in there for a while because it was a nice green color and it was very gunky... :p Just thought it was odd and rather funny because I was wondering why my reverse light already went out on such a new truck...now I guess I have to get a new assembly, AND a new socket. Don't have a voltometer, but the bulb seems fine...just a bit green ;) Anyone else umm...experience this?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Texan01

Texan01 Active Member

City, State:
      Dallas, TX
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1995 Explorer XLT
      My dad's 87 Dakota seems to collect water in every one of it's plastic lensed lights, (sealed beam headlights) except for the new RR tailight. I've drilled holes in all the lights to drain the water off and no more algae