So the tranny went | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So the tranny went

safn1949

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
M60A1 my first offroader
In a big way.....not too bad as it has 142,000 on it and a lot of dirt road time. The front pump seal went and the fluid is pouring out,if I'm gonna do all that to check the pump,I'm rebuilding the bugger.You know the pump will be grinding itself to pieces...ya just know it.

My debit card is smokin'. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your tranny "went" ! Where did it go, do you think it will come back ? Just kidding....Mine went out at the same mileage..Had it rebuilt, have 190,000 on it now and tranny and engine are happy.

Just RTV that ****. haha serisouly good luck. I'll do every modification/repair on my truck myself except that trans. I have this perpetual hatred of transmissions, so for me I just replace the whole thing, or pay someone else to re-build it. I commend you

$2300 for the rebuild,a 3 year,75,000 mile warranty and R&R of the tranny. Not bad as I will drive about 15,000 miles in 3 years.:D

The Explorer in question.

002-1.jpg

Minnesota plates and no rust? Something fishy about that!

Moved to MN 4 years ago with the truck.Bought it in WV and have done $1500 in body work on it.It only has been driven 22,000 miles in 4 years and my ex put almost 10K of them on in a summer.:D

004-1.jpg

Back