• Register Today It's free!

soa questions

joehernandez86

Reaction score
City, State
longview ,texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT SPECIAL EDITION
ok i have a 96 explorer with a 3in BL and TT/shackles. the lift is high enough to fit 35in. swamper ssr's. i was wondering if i took off the lift shackles that are custom made by Pellit Performance and put the stock shackles back on and did a SOA if my truck would still set even? im really just tired of the shackles hanging out the back like claws. if you want to see pictures of it go to cardomain.com then search rides then type in user name joehernandez86. if anyone knows anything it would help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NO, it will not sit even b/c you'll have a 2" TT in front and ~ 5" lift in the rear.

does anyone make lowering springs for an explorer?

i been thinking about doing soem lowering springs and SOA... or possibly some waggy front springs in the rear SOA.

um lowering springs and soa, that is just well.. ill shut up now......

... if you really want to get rid of the rear shackles and dont wnat to do the soa, then you should get lift springs for the rear... the springs will be below the axles still, but the height will be there and you wont have the shackles hanging down..... whats wrondg with the shackles hanging down? i would rathert the shackles scrape something then have my framerail smash into something...

yeah i knew i was gonna catch some flack about lowering spring on a SOA.

But think abouthte facts... flatter springs flex better in general. Lowering springs are flatter to achieve drop.

Lowering springs have a lower spring rate so the ride isnt unbearably stiff, with and SOA you are trying for flex not stiffness.

Back