some mods ive done what do you think ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

some mods ive done what do you think ?

crazycoop

Reaction score
City, State
tulsa,ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt and 91eb
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums...crazycoop1320/ex/?action=view&current=079.jpg
ex

ex

http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p494/crazycoop1320/ex/?action=view&current=082.jpg
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p494/crazycoop1320/ex/?action=view&current=083.jpg

croba 29 lx le with road king mic, nite shade thrid brake light, carbon fiber gto light covers, home made snorkel, red led dome lights,red led dash lights. will and night pics when it gets dark.

edit added the night pics. the close up of the head light is of the covers still on, when driving at night i cant tell that there there, ( no light lost like with the smoked ones)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks pretty slick

maybe a lift and some bigger rubber :p:

working on it thats part of the list of to do's.

I was going crazy trying to figure out where to mount my CB, thanks for the idea. Looks good man. Did you use regular bulbs or did you switch over to LED's for the the interior?

led's and i took the green tint off the back so that the red would show and for the cb i used a drimel to make the cuts i started with the with frist ( side to side ) then the top to bottom cuts and do it in small amounts or you will have a gap like mine i can post a pic later to show you what i mean on the gap if you want

led's and i took the green tint off the back so that the red would show and for the cb i used a drimel to make the cuts i started with the with frist ( side to side ) then the top to bottom cuts and do it in small amounts or you will have a gap like mine i can post a pic later to show you what i mean on the gap if you want

That would be cool if you did, I got the message center, so I don't want it hanging down so that I cannot see it.

lookin good so far

1996BLKBaue ill post them later today and as for the message center im not sure if it will cover it or not ill lok at some pics of the message center and look at mine again and try to let you know if it will or not and ill and some how to pics for it as well.

1996BLKBaue ill post them later today and as for the message center im not sure if it will cover it or not ill lok at some pics of the message center and look at mine again and try to let you know if it will or not and ill and some how to pics for it as well.

Much appreciated, As far as the message center I does look like it will block it only slightly, but I really cannot think of another place to put my CB, I was possible thinking about inside my center Arm rest, but the speaker inside the unit would get blocked out and muffled.

005.jpg
heres where i put my ext. speaker for it
004.jpg
the led strip to light up the center ( cup holders)
003.jpg
heres the gap i was talking about if you cut away to much tord the back
002.jpg
pretty much the what i see from the drivers seat

srry it took alil longer to post didd get off work till late

if your message center screen looks like this
7272840116_large.jpg
then you might have a hard time putting your cb there b/c of the screen inless you try to lower the screen down some( b/c youll have to cut down to below the 6 and above gallons so right between them ) rember tape twice cut once lol and try holding it there to see if it will fit i did mine that way and marked it with a strat blade for my out lines for the cuts. let me know if it will or will not fit cause if it dont i can help you furige out so other good place to put it to where you can easily use the knobs

Thanks for the pictures. I really don't plan on putting my new CB in until late feb. or March, so time is not an issue. but my CB will not fit in the spot with the message center there. so any other ideas where I could mount it?

if you dont have a sunroof you could mount it up there near the navigation and temp guage,
the back of the center console is another option.
beside the cupholders on the passenger side? (between passenger's leg and console)

I have mine mounted right on the top of the dash, easy to reach and see. but it really heats up in the summer and its there for everyone to see so i constantly take it out when im not wheeling or camping

if you have the slot in the center console for where like a parking brake would be ( and dont use your change holder) you could cut the slot just alil to have the face sticking out for your knobs and mount it there ill take pics later and edit them ( the best i can ) that way you can see alil more of what im talking about and if your worried about the sound your best bet will be an ext. speaker and really having one is far better then the stock bulit in speaker as for the up pn the dash its not a good idea to put it there can get stolen and heat up to much over time and melt the sodler that holds the borads together

edit if you can get me a pic's of your dash and center console area's that will help me to find out what might work for you ive done to meny cb installs in all kinds of car and turcks ( 69 vw bug, 98 buick rivea, 89 f250 ,42 9n tracktor, simi's, school bus's , and more) oh and of course the x

im in the same boat (with the message center)
I want to move my Cb but have yet to find a decent spot, console is a no go because the cd changer already takes up room

rabbit91 same thing you can post pic's or pm them to me and when i get off work tomorrow i see what i can think of ill keep in mind that youve got a cd changer ( it might be time to upgade to just an ipod lol ) and ive got a spare cb that i can do some temp mounts with to let you see some ideas

I will snap some picture of my Ex, tonight after I get off of work. I pretty much have every option in mine though. I have an Eddie Bauer, so I have the message center, CD changer, and on the back of the console I have the radio, and heater controls for the rear. I believe my CB may fit either in the side compartment of where the CD changer is, or I have a useless spot where my ashtray is.

Thanks, Ill just go by 1996BLKBauer's pics because we probably have all the same options. LOL I know i should update, I have the casette hook up for my ipod but i dont have it updated with new music

The pictures did not come out so good last night, so I decided to wait until after class to snap a few. I used my Blackberry instead of my camera, so the pictures are not great, but it is better then dealing with the Kodak software... I don't have a card reader on my laptop. But here are the areas around me.

Excuse my mess, I drive my truck everyday, so it is really hard to keep it clean.

afajqe.jpg

ra6elh.jpg

25gcqpz.jpg

wlgnn.jpg

i2q0zt.jpg

I was just thinking that I plan on getting rid of my stock stereo and putting in an aftermarket one, so since it would be significantly smaller, do you think I could put a CB in there, with an external speaker? Is there a decent CB, that would fit in that spot, I plan on going with an alpine deck for my head unit if that helps with size.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok theres a few things you can do some are heavy custom and some are really light work and it depends on what cb youve got of getting i say corba or galaxy they are the top of the line that ive seen i would stay away form the 40$ corba at wally world there basiclly a line of sight cb ( past exp. with them ) heres some pics most rq a aftermarket radio
64999334.jpg

1002980il7.jpg

img0238w.jpg
a galaxy will fit there and you might be able to get a corba but with the corba you would have to trim it more to make it fit
screen2.jpg
and this isnt a bad set up as well i just dont like the crapy 40$cb still working on getting a few pics to make up with editting to let you see what else you can do. 1st sgt has us working late right now.

Back