Some under carriage issues 03 explorer xlt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some under carriage issues 03 explorer xlt

mbrando1994

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Ex XLT
4.0 V6
Hi all,

I just did some recent inspection into a rattle that is making a lot of noise in the front end. I have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT AWD. I jacked it up and looked under the front end area and found a few concerns. 1. The shop replaced the sway bar end links a month or two ago but never bothered with the bushings. 2. There seems to be a lot of gold/black moisture with some white areas all over the middle section of the sway bar as well as the transmission. Is this something serious or just something from the road/heat? 3. The rattle sound can be replicated by spinning the tires off the ground forwards to reverse back and forth. It seems to be coming from where the drive shaft connects to the transmission. Is this a normal sound as the shaft reverses directions or something of concern?

Thanks for any help!

Brandon

Your going to get noise from the metal gears on the metal gears when rotating the tires. Can you upload a sound clip maybe?

Back