Someone Needs to Make This | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Someone Needs to Make This

MikeCallery

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT Tri-Coat
I wouldn't know where to begin, but that chrome piece on the hatch that says "Explorer". I would love to see that with the Explorer cut out and replaced with a blended LED so you don't see the individual lights, but a smoothed out "Explorer" in red that glows soft as you drive and then goes bright with the brake lights! They have lighting like this on motorcycles but doing it as the work Explorer would require some technical expertise!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now thats a nice idea, and to even make it better. Have it work with the ambient lightning for when you get bored you can switch arooo it to match the interior lightning.

I would buy it!

Me too!

The Police Advisory Board asked Ford to replace that chrome "Explorer" rear applique with one in black that had "Interceptor" engraved on it in the same font.

In December we will see if they produced it or not.

The Police Advisory Board asked Ford to replace that chrome "Explorer" rear applique with one in black that had "Interceptor" engraved on it in the same font.

As an Law Enforcement Officer, I endorse this product!

FORD! DO IT!!

That would be sweet! Especially if it lit up ;)

That would be sweet! Especially if it lit up ;)

I think if it had LEDs in it, and when Officer went Code 3. The "interceptor" part would light up in red and blue and have a pulsating glow, that would be badass. Also make an very intimidating statement if you ask me!

I think if it had LEDs in it, and when Officer went Code 3. The "interceptor" part would light up in red and blue and have a pulsating glow, that would be badass. Also make an very intimidating statement if you ask me!

Whelen, Code3, Federal Signal are currently looking at an aftermarket solution similar to what you suggested.

Ford won't do it because the costs are too high for the testing afterwards.

It won't read "Explorer" but they were looking at red/blue with integrated amber arrowstick.

If somebody really wanted to they could probably fab something like that with LED strips (the light up part, not the Interceptor part).
That Interceptor idea sounds really cool though.

QUOTE=Sgt1411;2805809]Whelen, Code3, Federal Signal are currently looking at an aftermarket solution similar to what you suggested.

Ford won't do it because the costs are too high for the testing afterwards.

It won't read "Explorer" but they were looking at red/blue with integrated amber arrowstick.[/QUOTE]

http://youtu.be/hq4Uqylz1-w

I like this one too.
http://youtu.be/brP9mKmsZzI

That Taurus is sweet but can you imagine trying to read the font on the laptop while driving?

Actually Ford gave that prototype up so they could have it done for the SEMA show.

I wouldn't know where to begin, but that chrome piece on the hatch that says "Explorer". I would love to see that with the Explorer cut out and replaced with a blended LED so you don't see the individual lights, but a smoothed out "Explorer" in red that glows soft as you drive and then goes bright with the brake lights! They have lighting like this on motorcycles but doing it as the work Explorer would require some technical expertise!

YES!!!!

I would love to see someone make that. I think it would look insane!

Back