05dakotatrac

Reaction score
City, State
Ellsworth AFB, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 sport trac 4X4
I found this great deal. http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/ctd/4130112201.html

Trac or Third Gen v8?

I only have 81000 rolling on TT and add-a-leaf and 265/75R16. No issues with mine. I owe $11,260

The 3gen has the crossbars broken and removed, tires below 50%,and the typical rear ford panel cracked! and 121,000

Please someone stop me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I say stick with the trac. you are probably upside down on your current loan judging by the asking price and KBB quote on the 3rd gen ad. The ex doesnt seem like that great of a deal needing new tires soon, the removed roof rack, and hail damage either

That's not a good deal on the Ex, you can gte those cheaper in better condition and lower miles. There's alot mor issues that you'll have to worry about with the 3rd Gen Ex then you'll ever deal with the Trac. I know alot of people that own 3rd gen's and have had nothing but problems with them. I'd stick with the Trac, it'll last long after you're done paying on it. Just my two cents and I'm unemployed now so take it for what it's worth. LOL

Right now I'm negative equity on the truck. It is unlike me to pray everyday to get hit.the extra 309 a month would be nice. I can afford the payment but it is still a scary thought of being upside down on the loan.

Buddy of mine had that EX, he replaced 3 radiators in 3 years, and a transmission. I helped with the last two radiator replacements. 4 words: P.I.T.A!!!

My Trac is an 03, had my fair share of issues, but nothing like the issues he had.

my opinion is to keep the Trac, but opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

Ultimately what you want is the best decision. :)

You'll run into a lot of "I wish I had a separate bed right now" moments going from the ST to the Ex. Not to mention every vehicle has it's own specific problems and you never know what's lurking around the corner in a new vehicle. I say stick with the ST.

We'll I found out I'm not as negative as I thought if I straight sale I would break even. If I trade I'm negative by 1500-2000. The trac and ex get the same MPG wise and the only perk is the 7000 lbs tow on the ex vs the 5000 lbs tow on the trac. Screw it there is a near complete 01 and 96 5.0 V8 ex in the yard to snag from.

Don't do it stay with the trac, you would probably regret it in the long run

Back