Something DID go BUMP in the night ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Something DID go BUMP in the night !

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
City, State
DFW, TexUS
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 Sport, 13 F350 6.7CCSB
The next morning we see a significant scratch on the right front between headlight and hood... will get a pic up later....

It's as if it was an inch long piece of 2 inch pipe that hit the front..
one half moon of it is down to bare metal and the opposing quarter circle is a scratch in the tuxedo black metallic...

There is actually raised metal on the front as in a glancing blow....

Too small for an insurance claim, but wondering what our options are considering the metallic will be impossible to match... but the 'silver' base metal showing through has got to go :)

The next morning we see a significant scratch on the right front between headlight and hood... will get a pic up later....

It's as if it was an inch long piece of 2 inch pipe that hit the front..
one half moon of it is down to bare metal and the opposing quarter circle is a scratch in the tuxedo black metallic...

There is actually raised metal on the front as in a glancing blow....

Too small for an insurance claim, but wondering what our options are considering the metallic will be impossible to match... but the 'silver' base metal showing through has got to go :)
The dealer sells touch up paint in a 'pen' type applicator. One end is paint the other clearcoat. I haven't had too much success with it in regards to not being able to see the repair. I think I would prefer a spray paint.
I once had a stone chip on the hood of my Highlander and I knew I'd be looking at it every time I walked by so I took the vehicle in and had them repaint the entire hood. Problem solved.

Peter

That's what I expect to do too peter.... but thought I'd ask here and over at ford-trucks.com - there's a lot of highway prima donna's over there that like their trucks 'purty' :) but I'm saying that in the most complimentary way !

on closer inspection to take a pic in the garage tonight... it's not as bad as I thought.... not good, but not drastic so maybe that touch up pen might work...

thanks !

Attachments

• DSC00125.jpg
    DSC00125.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 207

Back