Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Something DID go BUMP in the night !

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by JohnBoyToo, October 8, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. JohnBoyToo

JohnBoyToo Active Member

City, State:
    DFW, TexUS
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    13 Sport, 13 F350 6.7CCSB
    The next morning we see a significant scratch on the right front between headlight and hood... will get a pic up later....

It's as if it was an inch long piece of 2 inch pipe that hit the front..
    one half moon of it is down to bare metal and the opposing quarter circle is a scratch in the tuxedo black metallic...

There is actually raised metal on the front as in a glancing blow....

Too small for an insurance claim, but wondering what our options are considering the metallic will be impossible to match... but the 'silver' base metal showing through has got to go :)

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve II
    Callsign:
    VE3
    The dealer sells touch up paint in a 'pen' type applicator. One end is paint the other clearcoat. I haven't had too much success with it in regards to not being able to see the repair. I think I would prefer a spray paint.
    I once had a stone chip on the hood of my Highlander and I knew I'd be looking at it every time I walked by so I took the vehicle in and had them repaint the entire hood. Problem solved.

Peter

4. JohnBoyToo

JohnBoyToo Active Member

City, State:
    DFW, TexUS
    13 Sport, 13 F350 6.7CCSB
    That's what I expect to do too peter.... but thought I'd ask here and over at ford-trucks.com - there's a lot of highway prima donna's over there that like their trucks 'purty' :) but I'm saying that in the most complimentary way !

on closer inspection to take a pic in the garage tonight... it's not as bad as I thought.... not good, but not drastic so maybe that touch up pen might work...

thanks !

Attached Files: