Sony Radio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sony Radio

dave1946

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer
I'd like to get opinions on which sound setting is better on the radio. Stereo or Surround Sound.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I prefer the sound in surround mode, it gives it a more full sound.

It depends on the music you are playing. I switch back and forth betwwen songs sometimes. If your music you are playing was recorded live, in a hall or with reverberation the stereo setting sounds more natural. The surround sound setting will amplify unaturaly some music sources, and make it sound hollow.

If the music you are listening to doesnt sound right on surround change it to stereo. You will hear the difference .Also the surround setting has less bass than the stereo setting when you switch between the two.

They need to add the ability for sound settings (bass/treble/surround, etc.) to be saved by source, too.

So far, I think I prefer the stereo setting. The surround so far I've used doesn't sound right.

Have any with the Sony system noticed any vibration from playing at loud volumes? I'm just wondering if additional sound-deadening may be necessary or if they did a decent job in this area.

Just ordered my Limited w/302A package. Question about the Sony Radio. What is the "Source" and "Sound" on the console? How/what does it do

The "source" allows you to switch between all available imputs like USB and radio and Cd player. The "sound" pulls up the menu for adjusting bass,treble,speaker fade and balance. Also it allows you to adjust between stereo and surround sound. All the sound options are available when you are in the sound menu.

The "source" allows you to switch between all available imputs like USB and radio and Cd player. The "sound" pulls up the menu for adjusting bass,treble,speaker fade and balance. Also it allows you to adjust between stereo and surround sound. All the sound options are available when you are in the sound menu.

Thanks for the info. Do you select each by touching the >>> and <<< on the center knob?

Back