• Register Today It's free!

Source for door panel armrests?

davy crockett

Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL
I've got a '93 XL (so no power windows/locks) and both driver's side armrests on the door trim panel, front and rear door, have broken.

I've been having a heck of a time finding replacements. I know Ford disco'd these years ago, nothing on Craigslist or ebay and none of the junk yards have anything. Seems they've all broken by now or get snapped up. The XL's were never that common to start with.

This is the lo series, so not the one with the front panel with the bar style pull handle but the flat armrest with the pull set into it. If anyone knows where to find these, used or otherwise, that would be amazing. I don't care about color, I can dye them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here I was going to have a snappy, resourceful reply full of "look! it's here!" I'm stumped. I haven't seen one anywhere without power locks and windows. And I spend a lot of time in salvage yards. This is gonna be a hard one, I'm sorry to say. If I see any, I'll post it.

pm me... im parting out a 93 that has a good R+R door panel

I have the exact same truck (93' XL with manual everything) and need all four, too. So if you find a good source, let me know.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to make a set.

I have the exact same truck (93' XL with manual everything) and need all four, too. So if you find a good source, let me know.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to make a set.

So far no luck. There were some complete panels in red on ebay but I'm not prepared to spend $200 per panel on a truck I am selling.

I had considered making one out of wood. The shape is fairly simple and I'll bet it could be done but it might be a bit more work that I'm prepared to take on at this point.

If I find any I will be sure to pass it along.

Somebody said a while back that some of the older f-150s had the same armrest panel, but I'm not sure what years. That might be a good place to look. Too bad you're not in my area, the pull apart here usually has several first gens, and I know I saw at least one like yours last time I was there. Good luck with it, and do a search on here, I know I saw something about the f-150 stuff, I just can't seem to find it.

I also made some replacement ones out of wood. I used the old ones as patterns and made new ones out of Walnut. I only put a single coat of poly on these which didn't hold up too long. So they're looking beat up in these pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0624-small.jpg
    IMG_0624-small.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0626-small.jpg
    IMG_0626-small.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0622-small.jpg
    IMG_0622-small.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 169

Back