Southern X's | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Southern X's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Brandon4AU
We will only need a charge if we do a pay website to keep it running. However I can get one for free if rocket will point me in the direction of some web page uploading software.
Hey Brandon you mean webpage design softwares? i could hook you up with those. i will look into some other options for pages and stuff. webpage should not be too hard to make as long as there are knowledgeable people participating in the design and function process. i am going to be moving in a little over a week. so i will have to get resituated. but i will be researching till then. and see what i can come up with. first off we need to get a small list of people that are actually willing to help to get this thing started and then get basic contact info from them. preferably email addy's, and yahoo, aol, icq, or msn messenger handles that way if one of us has an idea we can bring it to the other to see what they think. well i am off to surf for options on this webpage possibility. if anyone needs any clarification or basic questions just ask. Yomie is coming back down to biloxi in april i think he said and i am going to be back there in about a week and a half. so if we decided to divide into chapters to make things a little easier (i dont want to volunteer ya Yomie) but i think Yomie and me could take care of the mississippi one, unless anyone had any complaints or anything to add. ok people take it easy and as long as we are patient and dont give up right away this thing will work like a charm. if you look at the thread about the formation of the ECX it took like well over a year to get half ways established if memory serves me correctly. Bye All.

P.S. my email is robert86314@yahoo.com and my yahoo handle is robert86314.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yeah

oh and i almost forgot. here is a picture of what i drive since i think someone else asked to see or something i think.

Attachments

• after-bugguard-off1.jpg
    after-bugguard-off1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 178

Don't forget about me!! I'd be interested too, and I'm located near Atlanta, Georgia. Oh, and here is a pic....

dubs4.jpg

Originally posted by rocket 5979
first off we need to get a small list of people that are actually willing to help to get this thing started and then get basic contact info from them. preferably email addy's, and yahoo, aol, icq, or msn messenger handles that way if one of us has an idea we can bring it to the other to see what they think.

Chase
diablo5969@explorerforum.com
AIM: diablo5969

But rather than keeping everything private between certain people, I think it might be smarter to try and do most of the talking on the thread just so it stays open.

If we divide into chapters, which me almost certainly will, I would be more than happy to be the Georgia chapter leader or moderator or whatever.

And one last, pretty random, thing about the club. When we make official club rules, we can't enforce age restrictions or whatever. At least, I am very strongly opposed to it. What's everyone think about that? OK?

wow, there has been a lot of stuff goin on, i have been busy as hell with school. I am totally down with what everyone has said so far. As for rules, i agree with the age thing, everyone is welcome. As for memberships, I think that we should just pay for decals and get free webspace, that would be awesome and keep us poor college kids from having go without power and cable.

AIM- GaSouthern1
Email- GaSouthern1@aol.com

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
As for memberships, I think that we should just pay for decals and get free webspace, that would be awesome and keep us poor college kids from having go without power and cable.

Such a great way to phrase it :D

haha, it is the truth...gotta have the cable

wow...com back after work an got all these responces. :)
About the state coordinators and having "chapters" sounds like a good idea. I want to know something..some one said earlier about what states we were going to do...since Texas has there own are we going to have them in or not?
Here's what I sugest...
-Alabama
-Arkansas
-Georgia
-Louisiana
-Mississippi
and Tennessee

start off with those then grow in the future. (just an idea)

I've got something I want ya'll to look at...i'll post about it soon!

alright SXC'ers here some stuff i've been working on let me know what you think. This is gonna be a long post :)

1. Mission Statement:
We are an organization whose mission is to further the promotion of Explorers in the South and surrounding regions. We will do this through our membership, by way of shows, trips to regional runs, and social gatherings. We will promote knowledge in automotive performance and safety.

2. Goals:
a. Further the interest in Explorers

b. Provide a forum to teach members about performance and safety.

c. Generate consumer interest in Explorers.

d. Support our sponsors (if any) and generate consumer interest in their products.

e. Promote our organization as a club that welcomes all genders, ethnic backgrounds, and age groups. Family participation is welcome and encouraged.

f. Support other automotive enthusiast organizations in any way possible.

3. Membership:
a. Membership Dues:

(1) Membership dues is only the cost of a membership decal

(2) Any further cost would be to aid our club website

(3) The cost of shirts, and etc., will be the responsibility of individual members and not
mandatory.

. Membership Requirements:

(1) Must Own a Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer, Mazda Navajo, or Lincoln Aviator

a. can be off-road
b. can be stock
c. can be street

(2) Must reside in the states of:
a. Alabama
b. Arkansas
c. Georgia
d. Louisiana
e. Mississippi
f. Tennessee

(3) Those who do not own one of the listed above, or live in one of the listed above states will be given an honorary member status. Honorary members cannot vote on club issues unless directly affected by the issue. Honorary members also cannot hold officer positions (President, Vice-president or State Coordinators).

(4) Members must attend one meeting (state your from) annually to be considered active.

c. Membership Benefits:

(1) Discounts from our sponsors (as we get them).

(2) Option to buy club merchandise.

4. Officers:

a. All officers will be nominated by the members and will require a simple majority vote of the members. (All matters with be based on majority vote, unless other wise specified)
b. Roles and responsibilities of Club Officers:

(1) Club President will:

(a) Be overall in charge and responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Club and preside over all Club meetings and functions.

(b) Serve as the primary link between the Club and its sponsors (if any), and between all state coordinators.
(c) Have oversight responsibilities for all Club activities and events.

(d) Quarterly review the Club financial records with the Club Treasurer.

(2) Club Vice Presidents will:

(a) Be in charge in the Club Presidents absence.

(b) Assist the Club President in his/her duties.

6. Club Rules:

a. General: The Southern Xplorer Club, its leaders, state coordinators and members cannot be held responsible/liable for anything. (You are responsible for anything you do to your vehicle, yourself, your passengers, or any other property)

b. Basic Club rules and guidelines of conduct:

(1) No excessive drinking at official Club activities.

(2) Respect the land you are on (no off roading on property you do not have permission to do so on).

(3) No disruptive behavior.(Fighting bullying, or destruction of property will result in immediate termination of membership)

(4) No buying/providing alcoholic beverages to members who are under the legal drinking age during Club informal or formal activities.

7. Sponsorship:
a. General: Sponsors represent us and we represent them. Good sponsorship is characterized by close communications and understanding between those who receive sponsorship and those who sponsor. When a business is willing to take the time and money to sponsor our Club we have an obligation to promote them and their products as much as possible.

b. What we expect from our sponsors:

(1) Financial and/or resource assistance.
(2) Discounts for members.
(3) To be known in the community as having good business practices and a good product.
c. What our sponsors expect from us:
(1) Be a class organization that represents them in a positive light.
(2) Advertise and promote their products and services.
(3) Have an annual show at their business to generate consumer traffic and interest.
(a) Formal car show: Open to all classes; including trophies, entry fee, etc.
(b) Informal car show: Open to members only. No judging, fees, or trophies.
(4) Establish and maintain good relations and communications with them.

Membership Application

Name:

Location (home):

Email address:

SUV Model:

SUV make:
(a) Off-road
(b) Stock
(c) Steet

SUV year:

SUV color:

Any Mods:

AOL or AIM screen name:

updated just a bit-Allie

I like that post. I think we should keep everything, except for one small point:

You say Ford Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers. We also need to include Mazda Navajos and, when they arrive, Lincoln Aviators.

Otherwise, very nice. Good job :thumbsup:

ok here i go

i hope you didnt want this on regular mail. so here is my application.

Membership Application

Name: Robert L Watson

Location (home): Gulfport, Ms

Email address: Robert86314@yahoo.com

SUV Model: Ford Explorer

SUV make: (c) street for sure!
(a) 4x4
(b) 2x4
(c) Steet

SUV year: 2000

SUV color: Dark red (ex g/f could tell yall the real color name, lol)

Any Mods: windows 20% tinted, dropped 2" tortion twist, 20x9 KMC V2 rims w/ 275/45/20 Goodyear Eagle GT II tires, Clarion VRX925VD in dash DVD, MP3, VCD, touchscreen player, pioneer 12 disc cd changer.

Mods that will be done in a month- Powerdyne XB-1A s/c installed, NO2 dry kit installed, Superchips "flip chip", 80mm MAS, 2 1/2" true duel exhaust series 40 flowmasters, Baumann shift kit, Aggresive cam, and also Viper 500 car alarm w/ pager, R/F amp and 2 10
"R/F subs.

AOL or AIM screen name: none at this time, will update when i get one.

Yahoo ID: robert86314

Oh, we're doing them on here? Alright

Membership Application:

Name: Chase Berenson
E-mail Address: diablo5969@explorerforum.com
SUV Model: Ford Explorer
SUV Make: (a) 4x4
SUV Year: 1994
SUV Color: Dark Green
Mods: KKM Intake, Homemade Speed Grill, Aiwa HU, Boston Acoustics FS80s all around, Eclipse 8" in factory enclosure, Cobra CB, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper with grill guard and light guards
AOL: diablo5969

Name: Patrick Hague

Location (home): Statesboro, Ga (school) Duluth, Ga ( home)

Email address: GaSouthern1@aol.com

SUV Model: Explorer Eddie Bauer

SUV make: (B)
(a) 4x4
(b) 2x4
(c) Steet

SUV year: 1997

SUV color: White/Tan

Any Mods: Billet Grille, Westin Light Bar, KC Daylighters (150watt), 32's, Panasonic HU, MTX amp, 2 JL 12W6's in a custom box, Pioneer Door Speakers (all audio stuff soon to be put back in), Dual Exhaust, K&N Filter, Cut Airbox, Tint Sides and Windshield

AOL or AIM screen name: GaSouthern1

thanks guys I was hoping everyone would like :) ok so Mazda Navajos and, when they arrive, Lincoln Aviators it is! everyone agree? other than that all good?
If everyone agrees with the things I posted let me know :)
Brandon what do you want to do about the website?
And do I need ro start coming up with some decal ideas? if so let me know.

As far as the app's go that will be added to the site.
I think we sould use a logo similar to the one posted earlier, what ya'll think?

i'll talk to my friend about the logos for our X's if thats cool. and decide a price then.

that will be awesome, i think that we will be able to come up with some cool decals for our cars. We should also make sure that we take our time and try to get everything right ya know, just to avoid some of the future hurdles. Other than that it is lookin awesome so far and i think that ExplorerChic is doin a great job at heading all this stuff up.

Thanks
Patrick

Membership Application

Name: Brandon Thornton

Location (home): Montgomery/Auburn, AL

Email address: bt4auburn@aol.com

Occupation: Student (Psychology...IN process of getting my PHD)

SUV Model: Explorer XLT

SUV make: (B) But it will be big!!!
(a) 4x4
(b) 2x4
(c) Steet

SUV year: 1996

SUV color: Black with Grey trim

Any Mods: Billet grill, Clear corners, Hyperwhite bulbs, Clear corner bulbs, Removed Pin Stripe, Reverse indiglo gauges (white), Pioneer DEH-P6400 HU, Painted Vinyl interior, Painted (yes painted) carpet....dont knock it until you see it!slotted tails, other doodads

AOL or AIM screen name: BT4auBURN

Wow the progress that has been made while I was gone. I think you should definately be the Prez if you are willing Explorerchic! Send me pics of anything that you want on the page and I will go ahead and start getting one built in word until I get a program to upload it. By the way I have some new pics....everyone check out my cardomain page in my link below! Thanks

that RyTek X is absolutely awesome, i would love to have an C like that. Your X is lookin real good too Brandon

Yeh I love that RYTEK X! It is the only sponsored X that I have seen done up very well. Thanks for the compliments.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by eXplorerchic
I think we sould use a logo similar to the one posted earlier, what ya'll think?

Just my personal opinion, but I don't really think we should include photographs of people's Explorers in the logo. If we wanted to include a stylized drawing of an Explorer or something, that'd be cool, but I'm not really a fan of the photos.

Just my opinion, take it for what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back