Southern X's | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Southern X's

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it should have the map in the background w/ SXC crossing over it w/ the letter like she has.

no pic of a X or flags if it is our logo to go on our X's windows but for adds on the web i think it should have the x like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think that just the states with the SCX over them in black would look pretty cool

Hey Chase

hey man it may look bad but actually where i am at that would be 9:09 at night. just to clarify. lol.

Hmmm, I like that version (w/o flags) much better. What does it look like with SXC directly over the states and the Explorer rather in the lower right corner? Or, if someone would send me the .psd (if you doing this in photoshop) file, then I could play around with it as well.

Does anyone know who on here does those stylized drawings of x's flexing and whatnot? I think it would be really cool to have the states in the middle of the sticker, with like the front half of an x with huge tires about to drive over it from behind it (i.e. the states cover up the back half of the x) then sxc covering up the bottom half of the states. It overlaps, the logo covers up the states which covers up the x.

And I still think that a clear sticker with white print would be best as compared to a solid white sticker with print on it.

OK, I threw together a rough representation of what I was talking about and posted it at my pics page in my sig. Take a look.

redshift,

I'm assuming that you mean this picture. I am correct?

Attachments

• 268086_4.jpg
    268086_4.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 137

Rough? Hey redshift how many fruit roll-ups did ya have to pay the kindergardener to get em to draw that one? nahhhhh just giving you a hard time. lol. lmao to be exact. ok i got to go now. lol. thanks for the suggestions people. i would rather have the sticker for our cars be clear versus white for the background too and have the lettering be a shade of darker grey for the S X and C and then the other smaller letters could be white, kinda throw a little contrast in there. at least that way we dont have a huge white gaudy background and still the sticker will look classy and show up in our windows that have tint on them too. also are these going to be static type stickers or adhesive. and will they be interior "sticky front" stickers or exterior "sticky back" if anything i would rather have an interior static sticker. just for cleaning purposes, rather than wanting to take it off ever. that way if the heat ever got to it it wouldnt start to peel off and be a pain to get the rest of the adhesive off. dang and i meant for this to be a short post too. guess i didnt to that. ok well there is just a few suggestions. sure wish i knew how to use photoshop better than i do otherwise i would just play around for a little while and show you all what i am thinking. well talk to ya's later.

Haha, yeah thats the one. Usually Im more artistic than that, but I just did it in about a minute in paint to get my idea down before it left me.

Originally posted by redShift
Does anyone know who on here does those stylized drawings of x's flexing and whatnot? I think it would be really cool to have the states in the middle of the sticker, with like the front half of an x with huge tires about to drive over it from behind it (i.e. the states cover up the back half of the x) then sxc covering up the bottom half of the states. It overlaps, the logo covers up the states which covers up the x.

And I still think that a clear sticker with white print would be best as compared to a solid white sticker with print on it.
I think that Spas is the one doing those drawings.

Suuuure, 9:09 at night! Like I haven't heard THAT one a million times! :D :D Hehe, just messing with ya

I would prefer a sticker with a sticky back that goes on the outside of the window.

And does anyone have an Explorer Forum t-shirt? The Explorer on those things is the kind of drawing of an Ex I was thinking about. Hang on, I'm going to see if I can find the thread...

EDIT: I found the thread, and all the pics have expired :rolleyes:

I suggest we stick with this logo :)
Dead Link Removed

As for the stickers, When you are saying clear background vs. white.... there is no background. When a sticker like this is made it is cut out of a piece of vinyl and anything not wanted is pealed away before the cover layer is put on. All you do is peel off the backing and then put it onto the truck. The only thing on the truck is the lettering with the paint or window as the background.

Originally posted by eXplorerchic
As for the stickers, When you are saying clear background vs. white.... there is no background. When a sticker like this is made it is cut out of a piece of vinyl and anything not wanted is pealed away before the cover layer is put on. All you do is peel off the backing and then put it onto the truck. The only thing on the truck is the lettering with the paint or window as the background.
Yeah that is what we mean. and so far i agree with the current design. i am just kind of wondering if it will show up that well on a black(tinted window) background. we ya did a negative flip i wonder what it would look like?

i like this logo but where is NC? That IS in the south!

Dead Link Removed

Decals

hey here is antiquish version. lol.

Attachments

• sxc.jpg
    sxc.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 116

If you read in earlier posts, SXC is probably gonna start with Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee since there doesn't seem to be a club for those states. I believe that North Carolina is covered by the ECX, but if SXC goes well, then it may include the whole south. Then again, it's not my idea, but just my interpretation of earlier posts.

As for stickers, if it will stick on the inside, then it needs to really contrast since privacy glass is fairly dark by itself, and my old MSU College of Engineering could barely be seen. My Bulldog Club sticker, which also sticks on the inside, has a white background and maroon lettering that stands out well, but I'm merely saying that contrast in this case is necessary. The problem is much worse with vehicles with a tint job.

However, on the outside, I do prefer a clear sticker with brighter lettering and stuff.

Just another opinion.

Good point Jeff. Now that you got my thinking of it an exterior type sticker would be the best. that with a clear background and it would look really cool.

umm guys that logo is going to be the website logo not the decal logo :)....havent even started on the decal logo yet. Ideas coming soon....

As far as NC goes, someone earlier made the point that ya'll we're part of the ECX club. I'm wanting to start one for us that have nothing going for us. In the future the SXC will gain some more "southern" states. For now I think what we got going is good. ;)

*edit opps you guys posted before I wrote and sent this...so I just repeted it. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey i think it would make a good decal too. that is what i thought we were designing. lol misunderstandings. thought someone said that this was the decal and the logo for the website was going to be a little later when we got that closer to up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back