• Register Today It's free!

speaker sizes???

Jake Jackson

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Escape Titanium
I was wondering what sizes the speakers in an 01 sport were and what i can replace the factory speakers with. i am slowly working on modifying my explorer. i put in the $ when it is there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The speakers in most Explorers are 6X8", so I would assume yours are too:)

To know exactly what fits your X you can go to Crutchfield.com and click on the "what fits my vehicle" button. They will tell you exactly what will fit. You just have to remember that not all 6X8s will fit because the depth of the speaker could be too great. Crutchfield has great prices, will tell you what fits, and also when you buy a pair of speakers they come with installatioin instructions. Not a bad deal.

Originally posted by Jake Jackson
I was wondering what sizes the speakers in an 01 sport were and what i can replace the factory speakers with. i am slowly working on modifying my explorer. i put in the $ when it is there!

Your factory speakers are 6 x 8 but 5 x 7 will also fit.

Good luck.....

Crutchfield is a great place to look for what fits and to shop for what you want... Prices are nowhere near cheap. Fiqure out what you want and shop around, Ebay, www.thezeb.com (6.95 shipping and FAST service) or www.sounddomain.com are good starters.

my factory speakers were 5x7 and i replaced them with rockfordfosgate highs and they are working out greata for me

Back