speed grille

eXplorerchic

Elite Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
who make a good speed grille for an '00 sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you implying that there is more than one Speed Grille? Not so, Street Scene makes a Speed Grille insert. Grillcraft also has a similar insert.

Shes not implying anything Hartman... shes asking a question...

heres a few links
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
http://www.accessconnect.com/Aluminum_Speed_Grille.htm
http://www.streetscene.com/enter.html?target=Street_Scene_Equipment_InczoSpeed_Grille_Inserts.html
this is a review of a street scene grille : http://www.rochestermustang.com/ReviewsPages/Parts/Speed_Grille_Review.htm

i like truck performance as far as online retailers go
http://www.truckperformance.com/pro...ells+&+Inserts&sf1=FORD&sf2=2000&sf3=EXPLORER

Thanks for the links info :) I'm thinking I like the "INSERTS" over the whole grille piece. Would I have to do any cutting on my old grille to put these in? Any yes I was just asking who made them ;)
Ayways I like the seffects inserts and the SS Street Scene one... which to you guys recommend? Oh the choices :confused:

They are all inserts...you just take the grille off and clip them on the back. later g

Ok, on my instructions it says Street Scenes, then in the other corner says Speed Grille, so I think people listing the Speed Grille are actually listing the Street Scenes grille. In the pictures I've seen they all look the same. And like they said you remove the corners on your lights, remove the grille shell (Several screws). Slide the grille in place and use provided clips.

On my friends Lightning he got mad and broke out the rivet gun lol. Others have used zip ties. Since I can borrow the rivet gun I'll go that route if the clips tick me off

seems like the street scene got a good review... i would go for that one...

BTW: incase you havent beeen formally welcomed...

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the welcome Chucky :)
I'm not sure which one I want yet....when you get those pictures of your ss grille Magic let me know

Dead Link Removed

Theres a pic of the grille. I know it says Speede Grille, but thats just like a model, pretty sure its Street Scenes. They should all be the same anyhow.

What color is your Explorer?

I looked at billet grilles, but I have the body colored grille surround and just didnt think it would look good. Also I think alot of the billet grilles you have to cut the horizontal bar out of your grille.

my X is white...and yeah thats the kind I want. I like how it covers the vertical lines and leaves the horizontal one with the logo showing. So yours looks just like that?

I would go with the street scene, it is the best quality and is used by most. However the clips they provide are freakin worthless....If you can actually get them to work they usualy scratch ur paint because they rub against it when you try and put them on. Best bet is a drill with a couple screws but the clips are usable! I just hope your strong and very patient :D

Ya, mine looks just like the pic, but its green. I had no problem with the clips. The few that dont want to go on, I took a small screw driver and pried it open. Didnt take any real effort. The clips do scratch the paint (Surface scratches, nothin real deep. I love mine, dont plan to ever take it out, so it doesnt matter. The clips have a flat side and a side with a rectangular indentation, I put the side with indentation against the grille.

I need to find a bumper insert for my 98 though, darnit

Originally posted by InS0mNiAc
I just hope your strong and very patient :D

So ur saying that because shes a girl she may not be strong??? lol :D

Sweet green? alright yea I'm going to go with the Street Scene one :) I'd still like to see some pic's of yours Magic when you can get some. And as far as me not being strong enough to put it in... all I have to say is :mattmoon:
haha j/k ;)

hey whatsup, i've got a 95 white sport with the speedgrille, looks awesome, but i need to cut out the vertical bars in my grille. they are very noticable, especially when looking on it head-on. maybe i'll get around to cutting it some day:rolleyes:

**flexes his muscles** well ya know, we can't all be as strong as me :D :D If you need some help **does a heisman trophy pose** call me up, i'll get them on for you :p :p :p

When I had my grille surround out I could see the vertical bars..cant now thank god. Couldnt you just get some black like mesquito netting and layer it behind the speed grille inserts? Run the netting under the clips to hold it in place. I was gonna do that, but I guess mine are dark enough not to show.

hehe i'll keep that in mind "Mr. muscles" ;) As far as cutting out the vertical bars in my grille, I really dont want to have to do that....what all color grilles is there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The color of the speed grille is just brushed aluminum or chrome if thats what you mean. I really would only cut the vertical bars out of my grille as a last resort.

As I walked through the parking lot from certain angles I can see my bars still, I'll probably go to home depot and look for some kind of fine black mesh to put in behind the Speed Grille insterts. Shouldnt be too hard to get it in there. Still have plenty of air without seein the stupid vertical bars anymore. I'll let you guys know what comes of it... I'm still tryin to hunt down a digi cam somewhere. If I cant borrow one I'll buy a disposable camera this weekend and get some pics.

Back