• Register Today It's free!

Splash Guards

scottfmc

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Platinum
Does anyone have pictures of their Ex with the Ford-offered molded Splash Guards?

I did not get them when I ordered my Limited, but feedback elsewhere on this forum has me second-guessing. I'd love to see what they look like installed. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll second this request. Draper, grab that camera once again and at least get us some pictures of what the rears look like. I'm more interested in how the front ones fit. Pending your feedback, I will order them immediately - still sand/salt everywhere in Des Moines.

Draper - are yours the stock or another brand?

Mine are factory stock mud flaps. If the missing hardware shows up today, I'll see if I can install 'em tonight. And yes..I will take pix....

I ordered my guards last monday, still waiting for them to come in. When they do, I'll post a pic.

I am planning to add this too. Waiting to see of your guys pictures. Thanks.

Those look pretty good. Look like they'd do the job, too!

Thanks for the pics. I think I might just go ahead and order them tomorrow. The comments around them not fitting well had me scared.

Resurrecting this thread. Does anybody have pictures, other than Draper, of these on their Ex? I'm still torn between whether they are indeed worth it, for me.

If I lived on a gravel/dirt road I would definitely get them but I don't feel they are necessary for paved roads 99.99% of the time. Yeah, the mess from melting snow and rain suck, especially on a white vehicle, but not sure if that's worth $100 and a slightly less streamlined look on the vehicle.

Peach State Ford will ship them for ~$99 from fordparts.com

One thing i've noticed in snow states, it does keep that snow/salt mix the rockers.

On a few older front wheel drive cars that i've owned: No Flaps- rusted out rockers while the ones with Mud Flaps had pretty pristine rockers. These where all 100k+ miles, 8-10 years old is where the payback is. just imho.

I'm quite happy with the results of putting the flaps on. It significantly cut down the amount of crud getting thrown back against the sides of the vehicle.

I have a question for those of you that have put them on. Does it keep the inside of the door sills from loading up with dirt and salt? When I open my doors the bottom of the door is coated. Will the flaps prevent this?

Thank you they look really good. I have read at least one post on the Explorer FB site that there were issues with the gap in the fit. I have the flaps at the dealer already. I am still waiting on my Explorer. ETA 3/4. Last heard it was on a railcar.

I have a question for those of you that have put them on. Does it keep the inside of the door sills from loading up with dirt and salt? When I open my doors the bottom of the door is coated. Will the flaps prevent this?

Yes, mudflaps on mine drastically improved that issue.

That rocks! I mean that prevents rocks, slush, salt, and sand from getting onto your vehicle.

found a set at ebay for $89.95 + $12.50. I guess dealer charges ~$80 installation, seems like a very easy DIY project though.

I have the Splash Guards, and like them. The fit is great (done by dealership). They don't look like a bolted on aftermarket part. They look intergrated, purposeful, intended, and flow with the design of the truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

quick question: with the splash guards, is it going to hurt the gas mileage because of drag? or the difference is just not noticeable? or the benefit of protecting the bottom/paint from snow/salt exceeds the decrease in mpg?

I have splash guards on my current Xterra; but I didn't order with my new XLT; thinking if I really want them later, I can always add them anytime.

Back