Sport Cruise Ocean County, NJ | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Cruise Ocean County, NJ

Normally I'd suggest a day of wheelin' too, but it's way past time to have a run for the sporties! Reckon the mud and sand is best left to its own weekend. I'm good for both of the July dates, but will there be July 4th residual traffic on the 10th?

Last year some of us hung out in ShipBottom, which has a nice sized Ford dealer off 73 in nearby Manahawkin we could meet at. But I've heard that all the fun to be had is in Sleazesid- er, Sea Side Heights (picked that one up from explornj, sorry :D ). Of course, Englistown has race events all summer long, but they're not really near the shore..... You guys wanna cruise from where to where? Are there any little car shows we could enter into or wander around along the way? I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do, since I'll probably get a hotel or camp out over night anyway.

Come on Jerksians- it's a sad day when you let a Marylander do all the suggesting! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I want see everyones car. Have fun around town. Show off the cars. Also I would love go drag strip and see what my car could do. Lets figure it out. Right of Seasaide Heights or on 72 is good. Lets start figuring out. Be great have a fun day.

I should probably be in for it, ill open up my schedule

Well, Englishtown is roughly 50 miles from Seaside. I don't mind the drive- I'd consider that cruisin' ;) I've heard good and bad things about Seaside heights though- something about lots of fighting there during the summer... At very least I imagine it'll be insanely crowded though. You guys live in Nj--- I just used to drive through it all the time. So I don't know the little details of each place.

I can see if the Maryland car show people/groups know of any classic car and hotrod shows up there if you guys want...?

Yeah it will be very crowded. My best beat is meeting at that Ford deal on 72. Any body else?

Hey I'd be down for some kind of meet in Nj. Also wanted to be subscribed to this thread. Later

Hey Guys! I think we should meet on 72 near the Ford Dealer. SeaSide Heights has been doing a lot of **** with cars. Pulling them over for tint or whatever is legal and writing tickets like crazy. My brother inlaw works town over and said everyones doing it. They will write as many tickets as possible and even inpound ur SUV. I don't feel like dealing with that. It sucks really bad. Eventhought its my brother inlaw they are dicks on the streets.

Works for me... My only concern right now is how bad the 17 year locusts will be by July :eek:

So we've established a meeting place, this is good... Where do you guys want to 'cruise' to? Or what do y'all wanna do instead? We usually have no prob sitting around and BSing for hours, but it's only fun if you know you're *supposed* to be doing something else ;) I know Jerksey a little, not enugh to tell you what kind of attractions are in that area though. I know there's good wheelin nearby, but this is the sport truck forum!

guess im signin up here. Ok meeting at ford dealership on 72.. no prob. so offroadings outta the question? :cool:

hey- you from AC ;) , know if anything going on at New Egypt speedway that weekend.

Spas- remember the recent E-Town thread.. my buddy mixed up NE-Speedway with E-town when giving me directions.. lol i promise this ones located where i say it is.. on 539!

Spas- remember the recent E-Town thread.. my buddy mixed up NE-Speedway with E-town when giving me directions.. lol i promise this ones located where i say it is.. on 539!

Lol, I am SOO not taking directions from you, Matt!!!! (j/k) Wheelin would be fun, but we've never had a sport truck/ stay on the street cruise before, might be fun. Y'all just gonna have to admit that we really don't have enough sport trucks to make a big impression though.... And besides, the lifted ones are the ones that get all the attention anyway ( especially when they have big@$$ fenders on them ;) ), so I'm all for lifteds and lowereds cruising together :cool:

Anyone up for some camping, as long as the locusts aren't too bad?

Here's an idea to consider.....

There's talk of a run to 6 flags and to the Ocean afterwards- How about we combine this run with that one?

Here's the thread for it:
6 Flags

What Ocean are we going to??? Lets start setting this all up. I am in for the Ocean, Six Flags really not my spot but we can do that too.

ARe we still doing this guys. Its coming up in a month and we should start setting things up.

Well, this is going nowhere fast :p The 6flags run is turning into a 4x4 run because no one has been able to come up with something for the Sport trucks to do....

Here's the problems that need to be overcome in order for a Sportie run to happen, IMO:
1) It's going to be hot in the middle of summer. DAMN HOT. Too hot to run a decent time at the track and too hot to camp.

2) The Jersey shore is crowded and mad expensive to either navigate with a handful of Explorers and/or rent a hotel room.

3) There are nowhere NEAR as many sport trucks as there are 4Wheelers, unfortunately. If you want a big turn out, you have to have both there.

4) Everyone's too broke to do much, and everyone has conflicting schedules.

My suggestion for a Sport Run is to wait until Fall and go to Englishtown's Ford weekend so we can A) show our trucks and B) race them at night when the weather's much cooler and we'll get decent track times.

All in favor say AYE?

I agree. I had fun at E-Town last year. It's a really nice place. And who knows... I might even have my truck back by then. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah... AYE!

ARG, CAPTAIN! *makes pirate face at Cj*

Ooh, there's added incentive for me right there.... if Cj's Explorer is finished by then (and there's no reason it shouldn't be :fire: ) then finally i can kick his @$$ on the track!!!!!!! oh sure.. a brand new SOHC versus one with 100,000 miles on it, yeah, that'll be fair..... Might make up for my 500 pound weight advantage over your 4 door with the new engine, hoss :p

I will be there @ E-Town in Oct for FFW

Hey Tommy,

The FFW car show is in the parking lot as opposed to on the track, so we can actually run our trucks, right? Like it was last year?

If I'm not mistaken, I dont remember anything going down that track that didnt turn at least a 14 flat. Are you sure the track is open to anybody?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was a stock class that ran mostly 16 and up I think...

You're not getting out of this one, Chris! I vividly recall me sighing and saying "man, it's probably a good thing my truck got repo'd, cuz if it hadn't I'd probably be out there making an ass out of myself on the track"

and you said, "Yeah? Well I'd be right out there with you..."

Even if we are the slowest things on the track, we're still racing, buddy ;)

Back