Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Sport Trac Cruise Control Swap

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by joemash, April 15, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. joemash

joemash New Member

City, State:
    Warren, Pennsylvania
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 Explorer 5 spd 4 dr
    Hey Guys and Gals! Long time lurker first time poster! I have a 2002 Sport Trac with a 4.0, 5 speed manual and 4x4. I removed the cruise control components from a 1996 Explorer 4 door 5 speed for my 02 ST. This included the cruise servo, steering wheel and any other associated parts I could think of. It appears that the truck already has the brake pressure switch on the master cylinder. I bought new switches on amazon. After all this I still can't get the cruise to work. When I try and run the diagnostic test no lights turn on on the dash. I also cannot get any lights to turn on during normal operation (road test). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I might be missing (fuses, components etc.)? Thanks for the help!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!