1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

sport trac electrical problem PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 02sportcrap, June 5, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 02sportcrap

02sportcrap New Member

I have a 2002 sport trac that a buddy and i have been putting an engine in. the engine is in and hooked up but i am not getting any power from fuel pump (could coincidentally be dead) and i am not getting any power to the little starter wire when i try to start it. starter relay clicks but thats all. also i hook up my scanner to the obd and i get nothing. but yet my obd port has power because i used a test light and prodded around and i have power and the obd fuse is good.. ANYONE HEAR OF THIS CRAP AND HAVE AN ANSWER I AM ABOUT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT! :mad:

Things i have tried.....
    - OBD fuses as well as all other fuses.
    - I had a test light to the small wire so i know for a fact there is no power and that the starter is not just bad
    -checked all grounds and connections.
    tested wire going to neutral safety switch and there is power on that end but still think thats not it anyway
    -jumped the starter with ignition on and got it to run with ether (because the fuel pump is not working for whatever reason as the car wont start.)
    -all gauges and lights seem to work good

things left to do

-push it off a cliff

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 02sportcrap

02sportcrap New Member

ok update. the ecu plug was a little loose. I tightened up the bolt but still no starter power