Sport Trac Glass? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac Glass?

scottjo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Honda Accord
I recently came into possession of a window that I was told was for a Ford Explorer Sportrac. The only way I can identify it is by some numbers on it. It says Ford Carlite tempered as3 dot 287 m203 db09768ypy.

Does anyone have any idea what it would go to?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glass

It is 17 1/2 X 30"

I took a picture of it, but I am not sure how to add an image to my post.

1. Upload pictures to photobucket or something similar.
2. Copy the IMG image link. (It'll say it on the sidebar of the picture on photobucket)
3. Go back to the thread you want to upload pictures to and paste the copied link
4. Click Post Reply just like you would if you were not posting a picture.

1. Upload pictures to photobucket or something similar.
2. Copy the direct image link. (It'll say it on the sidebar of the picture on photobucket)
3. Go back to the thread you want to upload pictures to and click the insert image icon at the top of the reply box. It's the yellow postcard with a mountain on it.
4. A little dialog box will pop up. Delete the highlighted text in it and then paste your copied link into the box.
5. Click done and then click submit post (or Post Quick Reply).

FYI: You don't need to click insert image, just past the photo that was copied.

"If" the glass is from a 2001-05 ST, it would have to be the rear center power window. Measures 13.75" high x 28.75" wide to the outside plastic trim. I suggest calling one of your local auto glass companies and seeing if they can identify the part numbers you provided in your OP. Appears it may be sold as an assembly only. (5L2Z-3542006-AAA) Just FYI, don't try to sell it here unless you upgrade your membership on this forum to Elite. GL

Here it is

Window_zpsuiwx9cxv.jpg

That's a rear door glass. It may be from an ST, or perhaps just a 4 door Explorer, I think they're interchangeable (I know the door internal parts are). Might be worth around $40 or so.

Thanks

Now I just need to talk to someone to find out what they usually go for and then try to sell it on Ebay or something.

Thanks for your help.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Like I said, around $40-$50 as an asking price would be reasonable. The trick is finding someone who needs one. I've had a lift-gate glass (for sale for as low as $30) for a year and have yet to get an offer on it. If you search eBay, those are roughly the prices you will see, but what people ask and what they get are two different things.

Back