Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

sport trac intermittent start

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by tigger432, January 31, 2014.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. tigger432

tigger432 New Member

City, State:
      central new jersey
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 sport trac
      so-here we go with the first post.i have a 2001 sport trac.it has a problem that has been puzzling me.when i bought the truck 2 1/2 years ago it was bought as non running as it sat for 8 months.when i would try to start it the fuel pump would not energize.turned the key a whole bunch of times til i heard the fuel pump.it started right up.at this time i put a can of tecron in the gas tank.was a LOT easier to start after the initial.all summer it was fine.it got cold and it acted up again,but it will always start.spring comes and all is well again.no problems at all.now winter is here again it is back to sometimes not energizing.when it runs it has no codes ever.it has full power from the pump and runs perfect.anyone else experience this kind of problem?thanx in advance-great forum

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.