sport trac not starting or cranking after minor crash | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sport trac not starting or cranking after minor crash

my01lemon

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
i was in an accident with this vehicle, minor accident although both airbags deployed...and now it wont even crank, the engine is good, the battery is good, I reset the fuel pump with the red button, still nothing....the car was even running after the wreck and i turned it off....I can't come up with any good reason for it to not even crank...it was at a ford dealership for 3 weeks waiting on insurance and all that stuff...some parts got removed maybe?...if anyone has ideas please let me know. thanks everyone

UPDATE 2/18: Battery is good without a doubt. I reset the PCM and now when i turn the key i get clicking from some of the relays under the hood, and the door locks unlock by themselves sometimes while turning the key...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First check all the fuses. The red reset button DID stay pushed down, right? Open the fuel fill cap, hold your ear close to the filler and have someone turn the switch on while you listen closely for the whirr of the fuel pump. You say it WAS at the Ford dealer, where is it now?

You say it won't even "crank". Does that mean the motor wont turn over or that it won't start & run?

i got it at my house now...the motor does not crank at all, you turn the key and nothing happens at all...this was a perfectly running vehicle when it got towed to ford...

Turn on the headlights, are they bright?

Do they dim at all when you turn the ignition switch to start?

Were the keys left with the vehicle after the accident? Does the shift lever seem to function properly? Sometimes they will disconnect the shift linkage to get it out of PARK so it can be rolled.

I left you a private message.

Turn on the headlights, are they bright?

Do they dim at all when you turn the ignition switch to start?

Were the keys left with the vehicle after the accident? Does the shift lever seem to function properly? Sometimes they will disconnect the shift linkage to get it out of PARK so it can be rolled.

And the answer to those ???'s is.

Back