Sport Trac Slider build has begun.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac Slider build has begun..

Its an off road vehicle - rust, bruises and exposed metal are to be expected ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know a guy with a XIOM powder coating system. It sprays hot powder coat over anything, and, the coating can be built up over 1/2" thick. This allows for touch ups. He is mobile also. Just saying.

the rattle can bed liner will come off so fast you'll be re-spraying every time you leave the driveway. And when you scrape a big chunk off, it'll never look right if you just spray back over it. The undercoating stuff is asphalt based and will come off even easier...

Those sliders look great though!

x 2 ! :d

I know a guy with a XIOM powder coating system. It sprays hot powder coat over anything, and, the coating can be built up over 1/2" thick. This allows for touch ups. He is mobile also. Just saying.

How much will that cost though? And do you have some more info ( location, etc)

Also just to add, I am adding UHMW on the main slider so it will slide on that plastic instead of the metal.

Got the drivers side done. Now all I need is to get the UHMW for the bottom of the sliders.

Rock_sliders_001.jpg

Rock_sliders_002.jpg

Rock_sliders_004.jpg

Rock_sliders_005.jpg

Rock_sliders_006.jpg

Rock_sliders_007.jpg

Rock_sliders_008.jpg

Man, that looks so great!
Awesome job!

nice! i want some of these. wish i had all those shop toys to play with!!! i guess i need to find me a man who has that stuff..... and then he'll let me use it!! :)

Lookin great!, U will use them at Smorr more likley than Moab?

LOL at least Greg used his slider to full potential at SMORR
We stood on them to keep him from rolling :)
We hooked to them to pull away from tree
saved his rockers on many Rocks LOL

So likley similar use will occur with yours :) which equals good times!

nice! i want some of these. wish i had all those shop toys to play with!!! i guess i need to find me a man who has that stuff..... and then he'll let me use it!! :)

Look like we need to do another slider build for Jen.

Just come on down, we can get you set up.:thumbsup:

Well I had to modify my sliders a little, due my sons feet falling through the extensions when he gets into the truck, so here is my mod. I added pieces of 1/8" steel to make a step plate and got some grip tape from Lowes, it had the reflective stripe on it, and I thought it was kinda cool so I left it.

Sliders_0012.jpg

Sliders_0021.jpg

Look like we need to do another slider build for Jen.

Just come on down, we can get you set up.:thumbsup:

man if i can get the time off work some long weekend or whatever, it's ON!!!!!! i think that would be awesome. i def need to get some protection, lol.
since i don't have a body guard and all :p:

Started playing around on SolidWorks today. Hope you don't mind me somwhat copying your build. I'm really impressed with these sliders compared to all the others I've seen.

Back