Sports With 20s... SHOW EM | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sports With 20s... SHOW EM

Hey guys, looks like i gotta keep my 2000 Explorer Sport 2door 4x4.... I wanted to go get something new, but it just does not seem to be in the funds at the moment.... So i gotta do somethin to it to make it fresh to me. I was thinking rims and a new touchscreen headunit in the future...

Could some of you guys show off your (same gen as me) Sports with 20s on em? Id like to get some ideas...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here's two for you. explorersport77's truck "hotness", and mine "evil".

204.jpg

I like both!! Look great.:thumbsup:

20's with a good ammount of meat, and lower the truck a little:thumbsup:

i want to lower it but its 4wd and i keep hearin bad things.

JT with those tires, you NEED to lower it:)

What bad things are you hearing?

I would take the nerf bars off too.

trust me, i want to lower it! haha i just eep hearing its a bad idea to lower it because it will cause problems with the tranny, rear end etc. I def want to tho. I like my nerf bars dude! lol

Ive never heard of it causing problems with the tranny or rear end.....TONS of members have done it.

Torsion twist up from will lower you 2" and blocks in the back.

hmmmm sounds like a plan then...ill have to look into it.

i want to lower it but its 4wd and i keep hearin bad things.

mine's 4wd, and soon it will have to go to AWD. i havent had any issues at all. as a matter of fact, the pic i posted up was when i was in PA last month, and its a 27 hour drive one way from where i live.

Why do you say soon it will "have to?"

mine's 4wd, and soon it will have to go to AWD. i havent had any issues at all. as a matter of fact, the pic i posted up was when i was in PA last month, and its a 27 hour drive one way from where i live.

Nice, im going to have to search for a write up on to to do this. Im new to this explorer thing...came from the DSM world lol.

Search "TT or Torsion Twist" and you'll find most everything you need.

Awesome! Im def Liking this site. There seems to be alot of good info and people.

i'll put it to you this way, my truck was bone stock when i joined, and didnt know squat about explorers! :D

Thats good to hear. I not trying to go to crazy with the truck but wish i could more out of the 4.0, dam things feels like it choking. I love me some turbo but thats def not happening haha. Already did the intake and looking into some exhaust options. Also gas mileage sucks pretty bad lol. I like the little mods you did with the led's in the door switches by the way. Those are the kinds of mods i like to do myself, not store bought.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I not trying to go to crazy with the truck

HA! thats what i said. it was driven daily (yes, even in winters with snow and salt splattered all over it) up until this last winter.

Back