• Register Today It's free!

spring over

Lug/Nut

Reaction score
City, State
woodland, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 eddie bauer
First of all how costly is a spring over (Stock 91 eddie bauer) and then whats the best way to level it out after that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spring perches are pretty cheap. ~$20-$30.

To even it out, the best way is to get the superlift 5.5" lift or skyjacker 6" lift.

There is a ton of info on this. Search through here and you'll find it all.

my perches were around $8. i used mopar spring perches, that we had to grind alittle to get to fit on the axle tube.

I just bought a set of the Mopar perches from Summit Racing. PN DCC-4120074. $12.88 for the pair. :cool:

Not alot, but you will need to weld them on or have them welded on. Also you'll need longer shocks. For the front...you'll need to get drop brackets, coils, shocks, brake lines, extended radius arms (worth it), steering, and MISC.

HI im kinda new to the sight so.... i got a Q' can i do a soa and then bring the back end back down to like 4ish inches? thx

Unless you get some custom leaf springs that will lower it 4"...no.

The soa gives you about 6" of lift so wanting to do the soa then lower it 4" is like just getting a 2" shackle or add-a-leaf.

i beleive froader has hit the nail on the head with this one.

sorry i did not explain that right. i want the spring over the axel but i only want to have 4in of lift. not 2 inch lift.

if you take the overload spring out it might give you the sag wanted.

sorry i did not explain that right. i want the spring over the axel but i only want to have 4in of lift. not 2 inch lift.

Ok then since the soa gives you 6" and you want 4", you'll either need a custom leaf pack that that will lower it 2" or just leave them under the axle and get a 4" lift spring pack.

if you take the overload spring out it might give you the sag wanted.

If you do this, you'll bend the leaf springs much easier and make it easier for the axle to wrap.

why not leave the 6 inches?

I only want to run 32s or 33s. i want the spring on top of the axle cause i am tired of getting my shock mounts and all other hard ware bent and broken. Do you know of any packs that are flatter than the stock one.
I suppose i could take out the over load but i would need a tracktion bar or something wouldnt i.

I only want to run 32s or 33s. i want the spring on top of the axle cause i am tired of getting my shock mounts and all other hard ware bent and broken. Do you know of any packs that are flatter than the stock one.
I suppose i could take out the over load but i would need a tracktion bar or something wouldnt i.

you'll need a custom leaf pack
As for the traction bar, you'll be hitting and getting hung up on them just as much as you are now...plus, IMO they look lame. :D

get a u bolt flip kit

Back