Squeaking / Squealing Brakes | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Squeaking / Squealing Brakes

Coming up on 7K miles, tried the brake bedding suggestion. Squeaking has subsided atleast for that intial pull out down the driveway in the morning. Yeah nothing like a the neighbors hearing you pulling out at 6 a.m.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re-machined rotors with so low mileage...? I wouldn't let them, since they're only shortening the life of your rotors w/o. solving the problem. If they think shaving your rotors helps then they should had replace the rotors and the pads that created the debris, or were worn by defective rotors. As a matter of fact I would go back to them and demand replacement under warranty.
I had a problem with my 02' Ranger, and typically brakes are not covered under warranty, however, within 12,000 miles or 12 months, exceptions were made. Evidently other people had problems too, and that was so long ago, I don't remember if it was the drums or the rotors, nor do I remember what exactly they did. Good luck, though.

Saw Dealer four times for squealing brakes...

I got my 2011 Explorer in May. The brakes started squealing a month or two later. I took it in the first time and they turned my front rotors. Said all is ok now. Same thing on the way home. Took back two weeks later and they turned the rear rotors. Said that should do it. Next day it's back. Took back to Dealer two weeks later and they replaced my front pads. Next day, still the same. Took back after our vacaction and thery replaced the back pads. Well, guess what, they still squeak. The Dealer has no idea what is going on and said they will contact Ford about this. You know good and well the Factory already knows about this problem but to my knowledge, have not acknowledged it. Call me frustrated.......

I got my 2011 Explorer in May. The brakes started squealing a month or two later. I took it in the first time and they turned my front rotors. Said all is ok now. Same thing on the way home. Took back two weeks later and they turned the rear rotors. Said that should do it. Next day it's back. Took back to Dealer two weeks later and they replaced my front pads. Next day, still the same. Took back after our vacaction and thery replaced the back pads. Well, guess what, they still squeak. The Dealer has no idea what is going on and said they will contact Ford about this. You know good and well the Factory already knows about this problem but to my knowledge, have not acknowledged it. Call me frustrated.......

Have you tried post 29?

Coming up on 7K miles, tried the brake bedding suggestion. Squeaking has subsided atleast for that intial pull out down the driveway in the morning. Yeah nothing like a the neighbors hearing you pulling out at 6 a.m.

So it worked or no? Can't really understand from your post.

I got my 2011 Explorer in May. The brakes started squealing a month or two later. I took it in the first time and they turned my front rotors. Said all is ok now. Same thing on the way home...
Welcome to the forum, airman1002. I’m available to help by sending the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do this, please send a PM with your contact information, VIN, mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

Don't keep taking it to the dealer that's cutting away your wear items (rotors).

This is like saying your tires don't feel right and the dealer shaving some tread off. Or maybe your wipers are streaking so they slice a thin layer off of them. Or your bulbs are too bright so they run them for a week straight.

They are not as bad 97 % silent

I know........

Don't keep taking it to the dealer that's cutting away your wear items (rotors).

This is like saying your tires don't feel right and the dealer shaving some tread off. Or maybe your wipers are streaking so they slice a thin layer off of them. Or your bulbs are too bright so they run them for a week straight.

I know..... I forgot to mention My Ford Touch, it really sucks. I purchase a new for Ford vehicle every 18-24 months for the last 20 years, but I think this car has ended that cycle. I think Ford has ignored these issues for to long. I will be shopping for another brand soon.

Brake Noise

Got my Ford Explorer 2008 model, with 40k miles in it. I started getting noise when I apply brakes while driving slow in traffic. I need help to understand the issue and get it fixed.

Got my Ford Explorer 2008 model, with 40k miles in it. I started getting noise when I apply brakes while driving slow in traffic. I need help to understand the issue and get it fixed.

At 40k you might need some new pads. We're all talking about new cars brakes squeaking in this thread, where pad where is completely ruled out.

If your pads are good....get out there and do some hard stomping on them as mentioned above and see if that fixes the problem. Also you'll get familiar with any pull or distances it takes to stop your car. Something many folks never even discover until it's too late.

At 40k you might need some new pads. We're all talking about new cars brakes squealing in this thread, where pad wear is completely ruled out.

If your pads are good....get out there and do some hard stomping on them as mentioned above and see if that fixes the problem. Also you'll get familiar with any pull or distances it takes to stop your car. Something many folks never even discover until it's too late.

no more squeaky brakes

$145 I shouldn't have had to spend, but I just couldn't take it anymore.

IMG_20120625_152953.jpg

^^^ Glad to see that you got it resolved. Hopefully this will be a permanent fix. I think you might want to mention it to your dealer the next time you are in.

Peter

I hate to report this, but the squeaking is still there. Although it is better than before. Oh well.

I hate to report this, but the squeaking is still there. Although it is better than before. Oh well.
I want to see this squeak taken care of once and for all, harlenm. I confirmed that you have a follow-up call from Angela scheduled. Please let me know via PM with any details you want forwarded before then.

Cory

For your info harlenm, my neighbour has a 2011 Escape and he has a squeaking problem with the brakes as well. They have tried to fix it but without success. Also one of the service advisors at my dealership has an Escape with the same problem.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's either not the rear brakes, or its' the rotors that are causing the issue.

Back