• Register Today It's free!

Squeaky Turning! :(

fallenangel

Reaction score
City, State
Jax Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello All!

I'm new to the forum. The wife has a 2000 Ford Explorer V8 we bought from a friend of her sisters. Fixed a bunch of stuff on it already but have never tackled anything to do with the suspension on a vehicle before. I deal mostly with motorcycles. Question is this.

Does the "squeaky noise" from turning mean bad shocks? It also happens when she gets into the passenger side of vehicle.

Thanks in advance!
James

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, it usually points to bad control arm bushings.

I've also seen ball joints and tie rod ends cause that noise on explorers and rangers before. You can use a stethoscope or a long scew driver and have somebody make the vehicle make the noise and see if you can pinpoint the source. Good luck with it! Welcome to the forum!

it is usually the control arm bushings that make that noise on the ex`s.not an easy job .pretty much a nightmare .get a mechanic to do it .
you might get away with spraying it with silicone lube for a short time .but it always comes back.

Ball joints, front sway bar bushings or outer tie rod ends

Thanks! Really appreciate the welcome and advice. Is there anything I should be aware of with this year of Explorer or anything like that?

check your ball joints .an ex of that year probably needs them by now if you havent done them already .

if you have a front sway bar check the bushings on that as well .

its hard to say what to watch out for,parts fail at different rates on any given vehicle .just come back when you got questions and the forum will take care of you .this is a great place to be for any explorer owner.

sweet! i'm going to take a look at it later. its bad when people turn to look at you when you turn because of the horrible noise. already replaced the camshaft sensor which fixed that particular problem...

Back