• Register Today It's free!

ST MPG?

BoatsandTaxes

Reaction score
City, State
Lakeland, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Audi S4
Anyone seen published MPG on the ST? Can't find anything online about it.
Thanks,
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford has not released anything yet.

Welcome to the Forum Mike.:wave:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Mike.:wave:

Peter

Thanks Peter! Doing my research, I want to buy a boat at the end of next year so I need to sell my S4 and buy an SUV. The ST has really caught my eye, I still love my speed but need to be able to tow.

Ford has not released anything yet.

I think that it is crazy that they have opened up the order banks but have not released the MPG. Hoping it is way better than the Raptor.

So comparing Continental (16/24) at 4,200-4,500lbs to 2020 Explorer (4,400-4,700lbs) with the same engine, I'd expect something similar to the current gen along 16/22, 19 combined.

Premium only or will it adjust its parameters for 87 octane? Guessing the latter. I test drove a 2019 sport with 3.5 EB and it was torquey but really fell flat above 4k rpm or so. Im fairly certain dealer filled it with 87.

Premium only or will it adjust its parameters for 87 octane? Guessing the latter. I test drove a 2019 sport with 3.5 EB and it was torquey but really fell flat above 4k rpm or so. Im fairly certain dealer filled it with 87.
Up to and including the 2019 Explorer the Owner's Manual always showed 87 octane as the recommended fuel but if you wanted to get maximum performance, it recommended premium. I've used both 87 and 91 and can't say I've noticed much of a difference. I've concluded that the extra cost of the fuel is not really worth any gains you might achieve. Modern engines will adjust to compensate for the octane being used.

Peter

Back