Stainless or black nerf bars? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stainless or black nerf bars?

03WIExplorerLtd

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer FWD base
Looking to add nerf bar to my 2011. Its ingot silver, with the dark grey cladding. Searched around the internet and haven't seen any silver with nerf bars..... Looking at Aries vs Lund, probably 3inch.

Stainless look to maybe last longer, but depends on the type. Thoughts on what one looks better?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking to add nerf bar to my 2011. Its ingot silver, with the dark grey cladding. Searched around the internet and haven't seen any silver with nerf bars..... Looking at Aries vs Lund, probably 3inch.

Stainless look to maybe last longer, but depends on the type. Thoughts on what one looks better?

Either. Then spray with bed liner.

Just to clarify, spraying stainless with bed liner?

Just to clarify, spraying stainless with bed liner?

Either colour. Sand it and then spray. I think you can do that, but I'm an uneducated doofus, so I may be full of ****.

Edit: a few words.

Dont to the Auto Store Herculiner in a can... Thats more like 3M undercoating (wont wear well). Spend the extra bucks and get Line-X brand from a real shop.

Is the stainless going to rust in a year? Like a charbroil stainless steel grill does?

Is the stainless going to rust in a year? Like a charbroil stainless steel grill does?

Doubtful unless you're going back and forth from Alaska.

I'm planning on getting the black ones and spraying with bed liner so there's better grip in winter.

That's my main reason.

Back