Akrogan

Reaction score
City, State
Jupiter, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Morning folks!,

New guy here, but long time lurker.

Anyhow, my 05 Eddie 2WD V6 4.0L has been having some issues with stalling at idle, rough idle, and jerking coming from the rear at highway speeds. All this is intermittent, but consistent.

First time I stalled out I started back up no problem, and had no CEL for a while. Took it over to trusted mechanic, he said everything looked good. His scanner and mine both said it was P0193, the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Fault. However pressure was in the normal range, and he said it looked good, may have just been bad gas.

Fast forward a few weeks to a weekend of heavy highway driving. Have some jerks on the first stretch, but all is good for the rest of the weekend.

During this whole time I've been having slightly rough idle, and the CEL is on, but only showing P0193. Took it back to mechanic, he sees the same as before, but notices on his snap on scanner that the code is showing under transmission. He said take it over to Ford as he things the computer may need to be reprogrammed/is causing my issues. Have an appointment for today, but called my mechanic at home (Currently up at college) and he thinks it may be something else.

Anyhow, has anyone had these type of issues before, and will a reprogram help it out? Thoroughly confused, have tried everything.

Thanks!

Just my suggestion, but you could keep trying to go over all the usual culprits or stack parts on it, or find a good mechanic with a scanner thats able to watch live data. That should solve anything. I myself had that code, replaced the sensor and im good. Might not be a bad idea to keep that appointment with Ford and pay the bucks for diagnosing. Either will save lots of frustration. Good luck! QUOTE="Akrogan, post: 3580941, member: 314980"]Morning folks!,

New guy here, but long time lurker.

Anyhow, my 05 Eddie 2WD V6 4.0L has been having some issues with stalling at idle, rough idle, and jerking coming from the rear at highway speeds. All this is intermittent, but consistent.

First time I stalled out I started back up no problem, and had no CEL for a while. Took it over to trusted mechanic, he said everything looked good. His scanner and mine both said it was P0193, the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Fault. However pressure was in the normal range, and he said it looked good, may have just been bad gas.

Fast forward a few weeks to a weekend of heavy highway driving. Have some jerks on the first stretch, but all is good for the rest of the weekend.

During this whole time I've been having slightly rough idle, and the CEL is on, but only showing P0193. Took it back to mechanic, he sees the same as before, but notices on his snap on scanner that the code is showing under transmission. He said take it over to Ford as he things the computer may need to be reprogrammed/is causing my issues. Have an appointment for today, but called my mechanic at home (Currently up at college) and he thinks it may be something else.

Anyhow, has anyone had these type of issues before, and will a reprogram help it out? Thoroughly confused, have tried everything.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yep, took it to Ford and determined that it was the Fuel Rail Pressure sensor! Paid the 100 for it, got the data from them, and took it to my regular mechanic. He uses same parts as dealership, guarantees all his work, and does it way cheaper.

Truck running fantastically now! Glad it's taken care of.

Glad it worked out!
Yep, took it to Ford and determined that it was the Fuel Rail Pressure sensor! Paid the 100 for it, got the data from them, and took it to my regular mechanic. He uses same parts as dealership, guarantees all his work, and does it way cheaper.

Truck running fantastically now! Glad it's taken care of.

Back