stalling no code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stalling no code

miklswab

Reaction score
i have looked through the search and i can not find anything sounding like this problem... but if there is let me know please i don't want to waste too much of everyone's time. 97 explorer sport 4.0 ohv. i have been getting p0153 code i don't think it has anything to do do with this problem. while driving.. on accel and decel the engine is stalling out for a second loosing power to stereo then everything comes back on. it is happening more and more fequently went from happening once or twice in a day to virtually every time the vehicle is slowed. worse when you stop completely. the car had a remote starter installed in it over a year ago, haven't had a problem yet but it is something i am going to look into. any help would be fantastic, thanks in advance

Sound to me like a loose wire connection, having to do with the remote start system. Like you, I don't think the o2 sensor would cause the engine to die momentarily.

Sounds like you have a loose wire connection somewhere. Start with the battery cables, then the remote start and work your way out from there.

Back