• Register Today It's free!

Star White Metallic ST Ordered

CaptRapt

Reaction score
City, State
Great Falls, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST SW
Hey Guys, first post here. Ordered my wife’s SW ST w/ street pack and sunroof on 12 April. Got my window sticker on 19 June, build date of 29 June. No telling when it’ll be here - my dealer is great but not great with communication until it’s en route. (Eide Ford in ND). They are so good in fact that I’ll be driving 1500 miles round trip to get my ST when it arrives.

Really looking forward to this upgrade for my wife - she’s currently driving a 15 Grand Cherokee altitude. Only thing I’ve been disappointed in so far is the color. I was hoping it’d be available in Oxford white to match the rest of our fleet. Oh well.

Hope you all start getting your STs soon. I want to see some real life pics. Has anybody seen any landing yet???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations on your New Explorer! Ordered mine 4/15/19 and build date shows yesterday and today 6/26/19. Hope it ships soon. Guessing 3 weeks. Im in East Texas. TYLER!
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the Forum CaptRapt. :wave:
Are STs made for the South West different?

Peter

haha. Star White - Maybe should abbreviate it SWT? SW3?

Can I tell from my window sticker if my ST is retail or dealer stock? It says "special order" but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help.

Can I tell from my window sticker if my ST is retail or dealer stock? It says "special order" but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help.
I am quite sure that special order means retail order. Congratulations, your dealer did you a solid unlike many of the dealers of the members on this forum (including mine) who placed them as dealer stock orders.

Update: My ST has shown "In Production" since 19 June. I check it everyday to see where it is and because we are super excited (I was trying to get it before my wife's birthday the 23rd). This morning I checked the tracker and underneath the "in Production" bubble it has 7/18/19. That's new. I'm hoping that isn't the day it started production. Anybody else check their build status today?

Update: My ST has shown "In Production" since 19 June. I check it everyday to see where it is and because we are super excited (I was trying to get it before my wife's birthday the 23rd). This morning I checked the tracker and underneath the "in Production" bubble it has 7/18/19. That's new. I'm hoping that isn't the day it started production. Anybody else check their build status today?
My ST build date was 6/28 and on 7/16 my "In Production" note showed 7/16 date similar to yours. I talked to the guys at Ford Performance Center and they told me that meant that my vehicle was built on that date and the current secondary status shows "Sent out of Plant". His explanation was that they likely had sent it out of plant to final install some options (like larger wheels/brakes, etc). I am in the same boat you are and bet a bunch of others are too. I think they maybe are sending outside the plant for some items to speed up the line to catch up from the summer shutdown. No expert here so maybe some of the other guys that are much closer to the plant and knowledgeable can help with insight.

Back