• Register Today It's free!

stealthbox Subwoofer

hannibalhector

Reaction score
City, State
Bronx, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey I would love to put that in my X, have you done it yet?
Also, do you know if the stock amp in the X is strong enough, or do you need an aftermarket amp?

I dont know about using it in a newere Ex, but, That is a seriouse woofer from what i know. You would definatly need an aftermarket amp for that.

I saw this box early last year, but 550 + shipping for a 10" woofer and enclosure... no amp... is kind of insane.

But if you just spent almost $50,000 on an Ex, what's $500 for a well-fitting box?

Yeah I dont mind spending $500-$600 on that speaker, cuz thats a w3, comparable to a w7 which is top of the line. The w3 is designed with small enclosures in mind. And yeah after spending 50k on my ride, another $500 is minor.

A stereo shop could do a custom glassed enclosure for a 10" sub for 100-150$ .. that sub is 100-150$ shipped... so the total price should be 200-300$ max... 550+shipping is outrageous.

edit: v3 of the sub is 200$ shipped, so 300 to 350 should be the max, still loads cheaper than 550+shipping

I've had several of the JL Audio Stealth boxes and they sound really good!

You should pair it with a JL audio amp. The factory amp will not work.

Plan on spending upwards of $1k for sub/amp/install and cables.

I've had several of the JL Audio Stealth boxes and they sound really good!

You should pair it with a JL audio amp. The factory amp will not work.

Plan on spending upwards of $1k for sub/amp/install and cables.

Yeah I was figuring on buying an JL amp. The manual recommends two different ones: a 700/5 or a 300/1. Which would you recommend for that w3 which is rated at 500 watts. I like the 300/1 cuz its really small and could hide easily, but it might be underpowered at 300 watts.

Yeah I was figuring on buying an JL amp. The manual recommends two different ones: a 700/5 or a 300/1. Which would you recommend for that w3 which is rated at 500 watts. I like the 300/1 cuz its really small and could hide easily, but it might be underpowered at 300 watts.

Their newer HD amps all have a small foot print. They have a HD 700/1 and a XD 600/1.

I ran the HD versions and they were great.

Back