Steeda's New Lowering Springs

TJ@Steeda

Reaction score
City, State
Pompano Beach, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey Guys,

Just came across these online ... thought the group would be interested :)

Steeda Explorer Lowering Springs (2011-2019), 555 8202

71702154_2494928987266094_1054775845421318144_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you know if these are really new or are they just reboxed H&R springs (like Livernois is/was doing)?

nCnILSU.jpg

The folks at Steeda must be God-like geniuses if they figured out a way to lower the ride height of a vehicle and not compromise ground clearance. They should really charge more for such a revolutionary product...

Further, if there is less brake dive under aggressive braking, these will not maintain factory ride quality. They would need to be a higher spring rate and that will affect ride quality to some degree.

Looks like the front air dam will be practically scraping the ground.

Also, keep in mind the implications of possible future warranty claims. Have you noticed the note at the very bottom of the page?

Peter

The other components designed to work with a set of springs.
The shocks and struts.
Compression and rebound rates matter over stock.

I know the rear shocks on our PIU are made in CHINA.

Has anyone looked under their Explorers to see country of manufacturer
of their shocks and/or struts?

The springs are designed by Steeda but manufactured by a leading spring manufacturer under their private label program.

fyi: Bilstein finally released B6 units for the front and rear.

Pricing is almost $34 less minus shipping each at a close warehouse than
Steeda for the Bilstein front struts.
Largest retailer has the Bilstein rears for +$17 cheaper each and free ship.

Less than $4-- small including travel for Bilstein shocks/struts on all 4 corners
not including my labor installation.

About $600 total including the "reboxed H&R springs" as someone said.
The thing already kisses your hind end handling in a curve anyway AWD.

Infiniti Q50 was better though.

Welcome to the Forum Tim.:wave:

Peter

Thank you, Peter - glad I could be part of it. Full disclosure, I work for Steeda & wanted to share what we are doing in the marketplace - we are going to be tackling more & more for the Explorer - stay tuned for more parts!

Hey Guys,

Just came across these online ... thought the group would be interested :)

Thank you, Peter - glad I could be part of it. Full disclosure, I work for Steeda & wanted to share what we are doing in the marketplace - we are going to be tackling more & more for the Explorer - stay tuned for more parts!

So which is it? You just came across the product online or you knew you worked for Steeda all along and were just trying to shill your product?

No, let me guess, you really did just come across the springs last week and since then were just hired on at Steeda? Yeah, that sounds like the most plausible scenario.

So which is it? You just came across the product online or you knew you worked for Steeda all along and were just trying to shill your product?

No, let me guess, you really did just come across the springs last week and since then were just hired on at Steeda? Yeah, that sounds like the most plausible scenario.

literally, I came across our new product on Facebook since I mainly am on the Mustang Forums & other boards as a representative of Steeda - focus on Mustang. Not heavily involved in the R & D for Explorer.

I passed them along to this group as other members on Facebook (based on coming across the Explorer page it was posted to).

When I stumble upon new parts that are released, I will be sure to share :)

Well, I was pretty darn close with #3.

You work for steeda and you want to promote the product in any way, than you should lead with that. Otherwise, SAF.

I was in the process of updating my avatar to a Steeda rep & was distracted - there will be no confusion moving forward.

Tank you.

Hope someone here has personal experience with these springs.

I was in the process of updating my avatar to a Steeda rep & was distracted - there will be no confusion moving forward.

Tank you.
Welcome aboard as the newest Forum Vendor Tim.

Peter

Thank you, Peter, look forward to supporting the forum!

TJ

These are designed to work well with the stock struts/shocks?
The lowering amount is that based off of Sport trim explorers or the other trims? Not sure on ride height differences between base/xlt/limited/platinum but I know Sports are definitely lower.

These are designed to work well with the stock struts/shocks?
The lowering amount is that based off of Sport trim explorers or the other trims? Not sure on ride height differences between base/xlt/limited/platinum but I know Sports are definitely lower.
According to a previous post from Sgt1411, the Sport sits 22mm or 0.866 inches lower.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to a previous post from Sgt1411, the Sport sits 22mm or 0.866 inches lower.

Peter
Good to know, thanks! Curious as to what steedas springs drop is relative to

Back