steering wheel control play / pause? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

steering wheel control play / pause?

dfrosted

Reaction score
City, State
Baton Rouge, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi I just got my '13 sport with the sony MFT system. I haven't been able to find if there is a way to pause an audio track (audible book) from the steering wheel controls. I was driving in a tricky area and had navigation on the screen, therefore I didn't want to have to switch to the entertainment screen and with the navigation chiming in constantly; I didn't want to keep missing what I was listening to. Is there a simple solution to pause the currently playing track? Additionally is there an easy way to play the track once again? All I kept seeing was "play all".
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW - just what I was looking for.... we are going on an rv trip this weekend and wondered how to play our audible books thru MFT

On my old truck I had a hard drive and used the Garmin 5000 with a mini-rca cable,
but on this new Sport and my 13 350, haven't figured out the best way to play them back....

Wonder if you could say media pause or something like that ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 375

Just to list my method, I had my iphone plugged into the usb port and manually launched audible on the phone. Once it was playing, I did have full control while on the entertainment screen. I was just hoping there was a quick play/pause feature while on the navigation screen. I haven't tried the voice command to pause, but that would have been a pita too while navigating the Dallas interstate system.

Thanks roamingphantom, I will start familiarizing myself the voice commands.

Back