Step bars / Running Boards / Nerf Bars | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Step bars / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Well I certainly use them when they're on my rigs. I do step on them and I especially use them to knock the snow off my shoes before getting in. Even more, my cutesy little girlfriend is only 5' and her sister is even tinier and are demanding something. The DeeZees will be the bees' knees. Ha!

It's a tough call to say "running boards are so 90's. My '02 F-250 had factory boards...now that I think about it, I actually slipped on those all time. Lol. The DeeZees won't have that issue judgin by the pic of the tread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also on the agenda is trying to get my mother to quit calling my X " Blue Belle".

Kjeffrey,

My daughter calls mine "Sebastian" - seriously??? Yeah, no. But then, I"ve not seen another Green Gem with a beanie baby SLOTH on the dash. Whatev.

Kjeffrey,

My daughter calls mine "Sebastian" - seriously??? Yeah, no. But then, I"ve not seen another Green Gem with a beanie baby SLOTH on the dash. Whatev.

Pictures please!:D

The sloth is on the dash to make MFT look like it is running faster by comparison :D

The sloth is on the dash to make MFT look like it is running faster by comparison :D

Perhaps Ford should foot the bill and send us all a SLOTH of our own, because at this point, that seems to be about the best they could do to give the appearance of a faster MFT.

Not the ex. The beanie baby SLOTH on the dash!

I'll get one today. :)

My sloth (though if I were the sole decider, it would have been a flamingo. Kids wanted something that "matched" the car more):

DSC00722-1.jpg
DSC01082.jpg

COOL!!!!!:D Thanks for the pic. But do you really think it appropriate to have a naked sloth in you car. LOL

That is hilariously bizarre! :D

GWA1 - LOL!! If I could find him a shirt - I would. Maybe a FORD shirt...

VinceL - yeah, bizarre is running rampant through our house on a regular basis. In my RED Freestar - there was a RED orangutan on the dash. The kids said that just *would not* work in the GREEN EX! :)

Looks like you`re not getting any more responses here on this thread either.
Good luck.

Peter

I just purchased Dee Zee running boards instead of the Steelcraft nerf bars. Because Dee Zee doesn't need drilling like Steelcraft.

Hi I've searched the forums for a while about step bars. I remember seeing someone post a video with a 2011+ explorer that had the auto step bars installed (the ones that come down when you open the door, and fold up when you close the door) but it was a weird link from china. I really want this for my 2013 explorer but can't seem to find any info on where to get that. Any of you guys seen this video before or know where to look for the product?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgpITPFEOqw

i found this one but i remember there was another video... a more "professional" video

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

power running boards

Cool but did you see the price? ouch and from Korea? I think Ill wait till I see em from a US based company.

Back