How to: - Step-by-step: replacing factory gauges & sending units with Auto Meter for 4.0 Ford | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Step-by-step: replacing factory gauges & sending units with Auto Meter for 4.0 Ford

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
That's great work Danny, I hope to one day add digital LED displays behind the OEM dash(voltage, water temp, oil pressure). I agree with the others, it's likely a wire not connected in the fuel pump circuit, which is more wires than expected. Regards,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ARRGH,
I've been sitting in front of some big wiring diagrams (got these oversized laminated diagrams from Joe just a couple months ago) and 2 manuals and I can't find anything about this but I'm starting process of elimination.. I have determined the following

EEC Pin 8-Fuel Pump Relay Signal
EEC Pin Fuel Pump Relay Trigger

Are you saying these two wires loop through a relay?

PCM pin 8 goes to the normally open side of the relay and is a dark green/yellow wire. This wire also feeds into the inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch.

PCM pin 22 (lite blue/orange) feeds to the VIP Data Link Connector (DLC) then changes to tan/lite green and grounds the fuel pump relay to energize it and sending vehicle power through the IFS and to the pump in the Fuel Tank Unit.

The Fuel Pump Relay is located in the Power Distribution Box, located under hood on the passenger wheel well. The PDB contains all of your Maxi-fuses and relays.

Hope that helps Danny.

Also you should have 30psi (minimum) of pressure at the throttle body valve with key on, engine off.

Thanks Show (you need to put that nickname in your sig, people probably wonder who we are referring to) that's some good input. NOW, only thing you need to help me out with is where is the VIP Data Link Connector. I searched that term and only 2 posts showed up.

Also, you can see I continued the discussion in a new thread to stay on topic since I now think this issue is irrelevant to the aftermarket dashboard wiring. That can be found here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221335

the VIP connector is under the hood behind the power dist box. It's like an obd2 connector lookin thing for flashing the computer and whatnot.

Back