1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Stereo AUX and Interior Lights

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by VBSandman, December 22, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. VBSandman

VBSandman New Member

City, State:
      Virginia Beach, Virginia
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '04 XLT
      Is there a jack hiding or dangling behind the dash for AUX input to the stereo in the '04's? No mention of it in the owners manual, and I haven't probed behind the dash yet in my new truck. I'm wanting to hook up a DVD, and suspect/hope that was anticipated/facilitated by the "CD/AUX" button.

Also, if anyone would help the electronically-challenged, what's the easiest way to make a kill switch for the interor lights? It'd be nice not to have to worry about the doors and battery at camp or on the beach.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. briwayjones

briwayjones Manual Master

City, State:
      Eldersburg, MD
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 Ford Explorer XLS
      I don't know about the '04s but probably not. But you can hook a Auxilary input converter using the CD changer port which gives you RCA inputs. They work good. If you turn the cluster dimmer switch all the way down and it stops if you then push it a little further it should be a switch and click which turns off the dome lights.