Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Got it Dirty today. Went on a stocker run for first time in forever, with R.J.

Ranger did great, even the Jeep guys we're surprised.

img_9171-jpg.30257

img_9179-jpg.30258

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like a fun trail to flex it out on:chug:

I'm glad you guys were able to get out and do some wheeling.

geesh the body lines still match up when flexed are you sure this is actually a Ford Ranger? Usually the cab and bed have a 1-2" separation when getting flexy
At least its still a solid rear axle, is that a 8.8?? LOL excuse my 2019+ Ranger ignorance I am living vicariously through you

Yes, there is no flex in this thing at all. Not use to teeter tottering like the old days.

I will say once you kick in the factory rear locker, the truck just goes, and figures it out, with it's combination of traction wizardry. You here it moving power around or slowing wheel spin to individual wheels. It may hesitate for a second and then you will continue further up the obstacle.

I used the crawl control on one up hill section and set it for 5mph. All I had to was steer. It was interesting, but kinda boring, and took the fun and challenge out of it. But it did get you up the hill.

The rear axle is a Dana Advanatek 220. It's pretty close to the same axle they use in the new JL Rubicon. 8.66" ring gear (I think it's a 32 spline). Front is a Dana Advanatek 190 with a 7.48" ring gear.

The 10 speed is pretty crazy in 4lo, with a 4.69 1st gear and a 2.71 t-case low, you end up with a 47 to 1 out of the box. It's no Rubicon, but not bad.

Overall it was fun, but wheeling a 40k truck your still making payments on, with no body protection, a no flex and a long wheelbase has it's disadvantages.

I think I'd rather stick to point and shoot, who cares if I scratch it, it's paid for.

Truck has been doing great on Tow Duty. Averaging about 15 mpg towing are 4000-4500 lb. pop up trailer across the country. Doesn't even care it's behind us. Even at 7%+ grades over 8000+ ft in elevation, I never felt it lacked power. 10-speed is awesome in the tow-haul mode.

20200805_192041.jpg

allright well I see green alien orb under your truck, where you at Roswell? LOL Devils Tower?

na, he's having a close encounters of the some kind..

Truck has been doing great on Tow Duty. Averaging about 15 mpg towing are 4000-4500 lb. pop up trailer across the country. Doesn't even care it's behind us. Even at 7%+ grades over 8000+ ft in elevation, I never felt it lacked power. 10-speed is awesome in the tow-haul mode.

View attachment 319820

Can't help it, every time I see Devil's Tower I think of mashed potatoes.

devils_tower.jpeg

Tested out more towing today. Most I have towed with it. No issues, truck didn't care it was behind it.
20201128_110947.jpg

that is wild, the 19 Ranger towing a gen I on a carhauler.... these new trucks are WAY more capable at towing then the old Rangers HAHAHAHAHA

that is wild, the 19 Ranger towing a gen I on a carhauler.... these new trucks are WAY more capable at towing then the old Rangers HAHAHAHAHA

When I first looked at the photo yesterday my brain said F150.

When I first looked at the photo yesterday my brain said F150.

It probably doesn't help, my '05 F150 I had year's ago, was the same color, with the same same size tires, would pull this same trailer at times.

Not much of a update, but I swapped out the factory fog lights for LED pods.
20210621_180347.jpg

Love the plate
My plan b

Love the plate
My plan b

It's actually meant to go on the Navajo. I just had to put it on something else to get it. This is the second vehicle it's been so far. The first was my f-250 for a short time.

It can't go on the Navajo till it passes smog.

Better background for the new fog lights.😎

20210703_151644.jpg

Man I need to go west for a vacation
Maybe when the kids go to school in a year or so :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sedona is very scenic, but its filled with hippies and "artists" so its expensive. I looked at property there and in the area before deciding on Kingman area. There is a community just to the east of Sedona, Munds Park, where its more like Arizona pricing for property but it snows all winter there. Sedona is a great place to visit for a week or so and run the trails, see the sights and get the heck out.

Back