1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Discussion in '2019 Ford Ranger' started by Stic-o, February 8, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Stic-o

Stic-o Elite Movie Star Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Lake View Terrace, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
    Got it Dirty today. Went on a stocker run for first time in forever, with R.J.

Ranger did great, even the Jeep guys we're surprised.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Wayoutin, Aridzona
    '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
    Callsign:
    AB7FH
    Looks like a fun trail to flex it out on:chug:

I'm glad you guys were able to get out and do some wheeling.

4. 410Fortune

410Fortune Snow Season Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
    NORTH IDAHO, 7B
    B2 Slightly Modified
    geesh the body lines still match up when flexed are you sure this is actually a Ford Ranger? Usually the cab and bed have a 1-2" separation when getting flexy
    At least its still a solid rear axle, is that a 8.8?? LOL excuse my 2019+ Ranger ignorance I am living vicariously through you

5. Stic-o

Stic-o Elite Movie Star Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Lake View Terrace, CA
    '91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
    Yes, there is no flex in this thing at all. Not use to teeter tottering like the old days.

I will say once you kick in the factory rear locker, the truck just goes, and figures it out, with it's combination of traction wizardry. You here it moving power around or slowing wheel spin to individual wheels. It may hesitate for a second and then you will continue further up the obstacle.

I used the crawl control on one up hill section and set it for 5mph. All I had to was steer. It was interesting, but kinda boring, and took the fun and challenge out of it. But it did get you up the hill.

The rear axle is a Dana Advanatek 220. It's pretty close to the same axle they use in the new JL Rubicon. 8.66" ring gear (I think it's a 32 spline). Front is a Dana Advanatek 190 with a 7.48" ring gear.

The 10 speed is pretty crazy in 4lo, with a 4.69 1st gear and a 2.71 t-case low, you end up with a 47 to 1 out of the box. It's no Rubicon, but not bad.

Overall it was fun, but wheeling a 40k truck your still making payments on, with no body protection, a no flex and a long wheelbase has it's disadvantages.

I think I'd rather stick to point and shoot, who cares if I scratch it, it's paid for.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RockRanger

RockRanger Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Fresno CA
    86 ranger no more
    Callsign:
    KK6TDL
    I hope to buy one of these 2019+ rangers in about 15 years to build as a wheeler.