Stic-o's new "Comuter" '15 Focus ST | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's new "Comuter" '15 Focus ST

CEL came back on today. I have actually started to notice a trend. Within 100 miles of changing the oil it kicks on. Then as oil ages, it goes dormant. Maybe a difference in compression? :confused2:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you know if they have reflashed the ecu?

do you know if they have reflashed the ecu?

Which time, :rolleyes: they told me the I needed to run better gas. Said I should only run chevron or she'll, which is BS. I bought a car excepting I had to run premium, but not the most expensive gas station premium.

Which time, :rolleyes: they told me the I needed to run better gas. Said I should only run chevron or she'll, which is BS. I bought a car excepting I had to run premium, but not the most expensive gas station premium.

THat's complete bull ****. We run 87 the majority of the time in ours, and no CEL. We bump it up to 91 (from USA Gas or 7/11) for like 2 fill ups once every 2 or 3 months. We've put almost 30k on it and the CEL hasn't came on.

All direct injection cars naturally have excessive carbon buildup in the valves because there is no fuel to wash the gunk down. The gunk comes from egr gases and PCV blowby. I recommend looking into a catch can for the PCV to help with the buildup.
need to give it an Italian tune up once twice a month

Now For Sale. Just picked up a new DD to get ready for my 2019 Ranger

Well it was a fun car, and my first brand new car, but it's time to move on.:(

Sold

Back