still leaking water in pass floor board... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

still leaking water in pass floor board...

Duranged84

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer 4x4 4.0
Are there any other known areas to cause the leak in the passenger floor board? I took the fender liner loose and got the ton of leaves, dirt, general crap from the hole near the antenna wire, ran a garden hose on the windshield for several minutes while poking all around the hole. 99% positive I got it all washed out, but floor board still soaking after a moderate rain again. Didn't notice any extra wetness after I cleaned it out and let the hose run on the windshield. Seal looks fine on glass, ecm gasket appears Ok, vacuum and rear washer hose entry looks ok. What else can leak in there? I don't want to have to pull the dash again to find it....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, I haven't located the entry point, but have gotten some of the path tracked down. Its not coming from the firewall, its coming in between the frame/body somewhere. The area behind the fuel reset switch. If you shine light in the little holes where the kick panel clips in, there is water standing in there. So far I cannot get a good angle to see where its coming in. Antenna hole seems to be sealed up good, door wire boot looks OK, what other holes are in there? Anybody have a pic of that area with the fender removed? Really wish I would have been able to stash my parts truck, would be easy to figure out.

I would have said heater core if it wasn't just water

could be the drain hose is cracked for your sunroof?

No sunroof and heater core is mounted in the center of the truck and drains on driver side. Cowl drain cleaned out, windshield appears to be well sealed, door gaskets in good shape. Antenna wire hole sealed up good. Stumped and soaked.

I have the same issue with my 2003. I also have it coming in through my glove box. It's only noticeable at highway speeds in the winter because the air is cold. I wonder if it's related. I suggest it because it might give you another place to look.

No, the air in the glove box is your recirculation door(fresh air). Already fought and modified that thing.... It sits in a tray in the firewall and has a scoop on it, would almost have to be to the windshield in water to leak there. Thank you though and let me know if you need pointers on the air vent.

I could use pointers for the air vent. I do all the driving in the Explorer so my wife is the one who has the biggest issue with it.

Back