Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

STill stalling

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by animal, October 1, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. animal

animal New Member

City, State:
      glendale az
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1993 xlt 4.0L pushrod
      Gentlemen,
      Thanks for the advice and i checked out the ICV unit and it worked properly. The solenoid worked properly and all. So i didnt replace it until i give this last little bit of my problem statement. Like I said previousyl at like like 2300 to 2500 RPM the engine coughs and tries to die. If i keep the gas pedal held to the floor the engine completely shuts down at like 4000 RPM then if i keep the gas floored and the car speed drops below 35 MPH. The engine will restart and i can continue still i have a coughing and or the engine tries to die. I would like to know if anyone had had problems similar. Or could it be the CAM Positon sensor? Note i replace the Crank shaft position sensor and seemed to work for a while then it returned. I appreciate your time in reading and sending me the possibilities of the problem.

Mike

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human-Animal Hybrid

City, State:
      Carmichael, CA
      '97 Sport 4x4
      Have you checked to see if the fuel pump is ok? It sounds like you could be running out of fuel or the pressure is too low. Could it be a clogged fuel filter?

4. Blaine122300

Blaine122300 Elite Non explorer owner

City, State:
      Tucson, AZ
      1997 Land Rover Disco
      Sounds like fuel injectors to me. try putting some STP fuel injector cleaner in and see what happens. Even try some higher octane fuel.

Andy

5. Opera House

Opera House Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Cincinnati, OH
      2014 Explorer 3.5L base
      If we're just spitting in the wind.....

I would say Fuel pressure regulator. At least thats what it was for me.

Since the first group you asked didn't know the answer, you might want to retell your story or reference it. I have no knowledge of your initial symptoms!