stolen Explorer Sport

mulea

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal, CAN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Sport
Hi!
I would like to ask if somebody got thru the experience of a stolen car here, in Canada, especially in Quebec...
I live in Montreal Area and my Explorer Sport 1999 [in a PERFECT condition] was stolen on January 16, 2009. Since then Police didn't do anything to find my car; the Explorer was insured with L'Unique Insurance Co. against theft and vandalism.
Now, I am fighting with the insurers to get a DECENT price for my car; even almost ANY OFFER on the market is priced at - AT LEAST! - $5.000 CAD [before taxes] they are offering me $3.500 CAD.
So, i would like to know if anyone got thru the same experience and I REALLY NEED some good advice here [maybe a good lawyer in this area...].

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that sux bout ur x being stolen did they find it or is it still stolen

I would price it out using KBB,com, NADA, or other sites for vehicle pricing and if it is way off send them copies of them with any current pictures of the condition it was in. Also if you have a high deductible, has that been subtracted from the price already?

@: Police didn't work too hard to find my car; it's STILL STOLEN

@: "Also if you have a high deductible, has that been subtracted from the price already?" = will you explain me what that means, please?

lets say you have a $1000 deductible on your insurance. If your explorer was valued at $4500 then you will only receive a check from your insurance company for $3500.

my friend's dodge truck was stolen and trashed badly. she was offered $12,000 for it so she went to a lawyer and he wrote a letter to the insurance corp. of b.c. and within a week she had a cheque for $16,000 and was happy she'd spend the $50 for the lawyer's letter.

Got my old honda prelude stolen years ago........... and they found it!!

Let me tell you this: YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR X BACK

Because most of the time it's been abuse/wreck/partialy destroy/etc.......

Even with insurance it cost me more than 1000$ to fix everything back to normal!

I feel you'r pain for your loss, try to get every penny out off your insurance, if you have good arguments they will pay more! Good luck!

THANK YOU ALL, pals, for your help and support!!!
Unfortunately, I cannot afford to hire a lawyer to sue them. Here, in Quebec, if you DO NOT HAVE A FRENCH name [as I do... I came here from Europe and I still am a Permanent resident of Canada...] or if you DO NOT SPEAK FRENCH [even it is a BI-LINGUAL country!!!] you're F***ED UP in every single way!
They saw my name, they saw I am on unemployment insurance and they decided to make me the SMALLEST OFFER possible... Realize that the ma'am is handling my file REFUSED TO TALK TO ME because she speaks French, and I do speak English...
I'd like to find out if there's an organization or something similar with Customer Care or so that might offer me help and support in this case... If someone knows about that just let me know please, because the clock is ticking fast for me now...!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

mulea;2145303 @: "Also if you have a high deductible said:
In Ontario (atleast) on a complete loss of any kind the deductable is not held against your payout. As for your replacment value they always go by average black book value (wholesale price in average condition). My truck was stolen once, it was 2 years old I still had $18,000 to pay on it but the insurence company would only give me $10,000 for it luckly it was recovered a week later with only minor damage, so I didn't have to fight it. After it was repaired I had it appraised because of the mods I had done to it (it was appraised at 22,000)
I would suggest talking to a lawyer or even hireing a profesional auto appraiser and getting statements from any Mechanics, Bodymen or Car Dealers that may have been familiar with the truck along with as many up to date pics as you can. (I would recommend somebody, but all my contacts are only licenced for Ontario.)

A canadian site that most appraisers base their reports on is http://www.canadatrader.com/?r=quebec for Quebec

Good Luck, man, I know it really sucks.

I've heard stories about outsiders in that province but always thought that could not be true.:(

I've heard stories about outsiders in that province but always thought that could not be true.:(

Thats one province i would like to see cut out and set a drift to sea!! But the newfee's have their island anchored in the bay.

THANK YOU ALL, pals, for your help and support!!!
Unfortunately, I cannot afford to hire a lawyer to sue them. Here, in Quebec, if you DO NOT HAVE A FRENCH name [as I do... I came here from Europe and I still am a Permanent resident of Canada...] or if you DO NOT SPEAK FRENCH [even it is a BI-LINGUAL country!!!] you're F***ED UP in every single way!
They saw my name, they saw I am on unemployment insurance and they decided to make me the SMALLEST OFFER possible... Realize that the ma'am is handling my file REFUSED TO TALK TO ME because she speaks French, and I do speak English...
I'd like to find out if there's an organization or something similar with Customer Care or so that might offer me help and support in this case... If someone knows about that just let me know please, because the clock is ticking fast for me now...!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Mention the words DISCRIMATION law suit. Thats will tune them up.

le discriminatione.... lol.. just kiddin, that sucks... I hate this sorta thing, it just happened to me at the end of last year.

Hope you get it sorted out

Si

Back