Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Stop your trendy patriotism

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by Hank, September 17, 2001.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. PLRBEAR

PLRBEAR Active Member

City, State:
    Calgary,AB,Canada
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    95 EB 4x4
    Hmmm...don't know if i'm talking sense here, but here goes:

It's all about being a human being. Some people only go to church, or pray only when there's something to pray for. Some people buy an alarm system for their car only after its been broken into. In short, instead of gawking at the sudden display of patriotism amongst Americans, or the sudden display of support from the last bunch of people we'd expect; let's be thankful that people are coming together, and hopefully, patriotism will be a permanent feature of all Americans.

On a side note: My government does not allow the national flag to be displayed except in Aug where our National Day is. I, on the other hand, have been displaying it 24/7 (since i'm based in Canada) Hehe. :D

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. USAFEXPLORER

USAFEXPLORER Active Member

City, State:
    Surprise, AZ
    '94 Sport
    I just want to take a minute and speak the mind of an active duty military member. There isn't a day in the last week that I wonder where I'll be in weeks to come. I enlisted knowing this was a posibility and I look forward to performing the tasks I've training for years. I don't believe the citizens of the country have forgotten about patriotism, its a simple fact of getting caught up in the "mix of life" on our day to day duties. Myself and many others serving in the armed forces welcome all the support we can get, there are some outthere that protest in front of our installations or on television and seem to forget what it is we do, and have done in the past to make this a great place to live. Thats all I ask of all the members on this site is not to critisize those who appreciate us in silence, it doesn't mean anyless than those who vocalize it.

4. 99explorer5.0

99explorer5.0 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    RI
    '99 XLT 5.0L
    Michigander, You said you work at the transmission plant as an engineer. Well let me tell you something, my parents crown victoria has gone into service with only 30,000 miles for a transmission rebuild, My parents other car driving off the lot was skipping gears right out of the dealership ... didnt even get to drive it home. My mustang had three transmissions put into it. My friends Mecury cougar (made by ford) had a problem with his transmission that needed to get rebuilt. While my car was in the shop my ford dealer gave me a Taurus which the transmission blew and needed to get towed in the next day.

What the hell are you guys doing down there? Im not picking on just you but are all of the employees down there around 18 years old? Im just asking becuase maybe thats why Ford transmissions suck. And all of those problems with the trannys werent from beating on them besides the taurus that i was driving.

Sorry to direct these comments to you but its not everday you get to talk to someone who desighns and builds your car that you drive and breaks down constantly.

5. JulieEx

JulieEx Active Member

City, State:
    Tampa, Fla
    1999 Xlt
    Sorry, but I do own an Explorer but I drive to work in my Vette. I wouldn't be so sure about your job security. All jobs can be in jeopardy in these volatile times even if you own the company as I do. An 18 year old Engineer, quite impressive, how old were you when you entered Engineering school?

6. 99explorer5.0

99explorer5.0 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    RI
    '99 XLT 5.0L
    Now that i think of it ... JulieEx is right. How are you an engineer at 18 when most kids get out of high school at 18? When i was 16 i worked at a dept. store pushing carriges. Would that make me a parking lot engineer? Or public service engineer?

7. Joebob

Joebob New Member

City, State:
    Ft Payne, Ala
    When I was in high school I worked as a Janitor at a Department Store, was I a Sanitary Engineer?

8. rpenner54

rpenner54 Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

Media:
    City, State:
    Wichita KS
    98 Merc
    When I got out of High School I went right to work as a Network Admin. Sure the network was only 150 computers big but its spiraled from there. Now I work at a large corporation as a System Analyst and run our local network about 70 or so workstations. Then there is the WAN which is all over the US and I have to provide phone support to a large number of our on the road users.

Matt Adams has been in Tech Support since he was 16-17. He has been in a high-level job for that long also. He is good at his job and did not take school for it. He is in school now but didn't need to take any school for it. :)

In Denver they are screaming for people like me that have the experience. Most employers around here really would prefer the experience at fixing things, getting technical, people skills, etc... rather then the schooling. Schooling is something that your employer will put you into if you need it for your job. I see so many people in my position that have gone out gotten their Microsoft Certification and get sent to a job or have to go to an interview at our company and the majority of them don't know practical knowledge. They don't know where to start digging into a problem. Their books didn't teach them that. :) Most of that last sentence is from my boss's boss. :) He has had over 25 years in the Technical Industry and makes 6 figures a year so I know he knows what he is talking about. Plus I have had to go in after those who think they know what they are doing cause they read it in a book and clean it up for them. :) All well, I prefer doing this because I can get my hands dirty with a problem figure it out and fix it.

9. BUCHVILLEMAN

BUCHVILLEMAN Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Buckville, Florida
    95' xlt

whats the quote im looking for "...pride goes before a fall." i hope you are an engineer, and i hope that you have a really stable job, but please dont swallow your foot. no person can see that far into the future ESPECIALLY ford. i love ford im a ford man a good buddy works at the f-150 plant in norfolk. but based on the recent ford/firestone chaos and slipping economy it would be foolish to make a claim like that. even the ceo cant mae a claim like that.

10. Joebob

Joebob New Member

City, State:
    Ft Payne, Ala
    ,,,,,..interesting.

11. rpenner54

Media:
    City, State:
    Wichita KS
    98 Merc
    It’s interesting that you say that. Why would you say I insult every man and woman? I have relatives that believe in the same way that I do but serve their country. These are my feelings. I do not believe that war is ever an answer. Too many people are killed that do not need to be. I realize large amounts of people died in these attacks. However to me an eye for an eye is wrong and always will be.

My girl friend has gone through hell in the past few years. She has endured all kinds of stresses in her life caused by one other person. The one thing I have learned is that retaliation/revenge is NOT worth it. The feeling only lasts for a minute and then it’s gone. There have been so many times after she has been deeply hurt or had another financial burden passed onto her that I have wanted to run out to my car drive over to this persons house and just deal with him. However what would that solve? Nothing. You just attacked the wrong way. In this case the only way this person will get their justice due is through time.

Hell even the FAMILIES of the people that were killed in this disaster are telling the President NOT to wage a war on people that are innocent. They don’t want anyone else who is innocent killed!

I am sure there have been lots of kids that have gone into war and had to grow up quickly. Is it good for them? Sometimes. Don’t badger me about being a punk kid either. Just because I choose to have my views the way they are doesn’t mean that you as a person that has been in the forces has any right to tell me otherwise. In fact you should support that. That’s what you chose to do. Was supporting all those people in this country that think the way I do. Or support those that think that saying something like the pledge of allegiance goes against their religious beliefs. However YOU chose to protect these peoples choice of freedom here in the United States of America, where the people are free to think like they want! I would die for my country however I would fight till the end just so I wouldn’t have to loose my life.

I just hope and pray that no more innocent lives are lost over this tragedy.

12. rpenner54

Media:
    City, State:
    Wichita KS
    98 Merc
    Why? Just because your a techie does not mean you have to lack in that area. You still need to be able to carry on a conversation with a person and explain things in plain english for them.

13. GJarrett

GJarrett Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
    '99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
    "The object of war is not to die for your country. It is to make the other dumb bastard die for his." - Gen. George S. Patton

14. rpenner54

Media:
    City, State:
    Wichita KS
    98 Merc
    AHA! LOL

I knew you couldn't keep quiet on this on ol man!

15. Joebob

Joebob New Member

City, State:
    Ft Payne, Ala
    It was based on reading previous posts by you.

16. GJarrett

GJarrett Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
    '99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
    Gentlemen, it is beginning to get close to the point where we need to stay on the general subject and take care of personal differences via PM or email.

That's a hint.

17. BUCHVILLEMAN

City, State:
    Buckville, Florida
    95' xlt
    do you really think that the personal conflicts that your girlfirend has had no matter how severe or stressing can compare to the comlexity and hellish nature of the conflict at hand. Yes wars do solve things. the american revolution is one that comes to mind. sorry sitting and "talking" things out doesnt quite work in a situation like this. do you think that we didnt try to talk Sadam into withdrawling from Kuwait? we gave him an ultimatum and he didnt meet it. we warned him, he answered with aggression to innocent civilians, we placed ourselves strategically and told him to back down or else and he didnt. what about Israel and Palestine how many times have we seen them sit and try to talk things out? i know they are just being bullheaded old guys who like to kill each other's people. if the solution is not war then what is it? do we wait til we get bombed or until another country invades us?

18. rpenner54

Media:
    City, State:
    Wichita KS
    98 Merc
    Stepping back.... its gonna get nasty.

Please keep it civilized or Ol Krusty here will close this thread and lay the smack down!

19. BUCHVILLEMAN

City, State:
    Buckville, Florida
    95' xlt
    your right. i apologize if i sounded inflamatory.

i would like to know what your idea for a solution is if it is not aggressive military action and/or war.

blessings!

20. rpenner54

Media:
    City, State:
    Wichita KS
    98 Merc
    Probably not. However I have learned that violence solves nothing. Wars may solve a problem once in a while however I just do not belive in them. I agree talking things out may not be the best bet at the moment. However there will be action and I still hope and pray its not a WWIII or worse.

I think its America's own fault that some of these people are in power in the first place. We need to stop helping others into power. Look at all the people that have been helped. Castro, Sadam, Laden. They have ALL been alies/CIA helper people at one time or another.

Israel and Palestine are both countries that have been fighting since the begging of time. Personally I think its better that the leaders are finnally seeing the light of the day and trying to talk things out. Otherwise they will keep blasting each others rubble constantly. War solves nothing in the end. War is a temporary solution at most to a long term diplomatic problem.

Afganastan is a country right? There are large large amounts of people living there that do not want anything to do with what is happening. All they want is the bombings to stop so they can start eating again. This country has been in civil war since the break-up of the soviet union. I guess that war is solving something then? I am not sure what but it must be.

Has anyone bothered to watch World News? Try it sometime. You will get a perspective on this that is not far off from mine. The rest of the world does not want us to go in guns blazing shooting up everyone. They will support us however if we show that these terrorists are living in a certain country and we have proof they will help us then.

I am not trying to attack anyone here. I hope that no one is trying to attack me. Attack the issue talk it out so no one has to close this thread. I appologize if I offended anyone personally but not for my views.

21. rpenner54

Media:
    City, State:
    Wichita KS
    98 Merc
    Something a bit less agressive. Something more on the side of figuring out where all his supporters are at all over the world and taking them out. I realize thats harsh to kill but I don't see any other way out of it. Think of how many countries have these people in them. Heck they have found at last count 4 or 5 still here in the US. They should detain all of them and if you ask me they should go before a firing sqaud(sp?). Even this goes against my views but I don't think there is any other way to get rid of their infastructure.

You have to remember that your not going to war with a country, but with a large number of "freaks" that belive in the same cause. Which is take down the arrogent US bastards. Some of the world news organizations are showing interviews with people who think this way. Its just plain scary! they are brainwashed into thinking that the US is the cause of all their problems. However their government may not support that view. So you can't destroy a country for the view of one citizen, you have to get rid of that person. That way there are no more people thinking hey I don't like the US so I am going to brainwash all these followers of mine into thinking X religion says this idea of mine that if you kill these filthy americans you will get into heaven.

Okay I have written way to much today.... going to take a break for a bit. :)

Peace! :D