Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Strange "Blob" inside the cowl cavity under the hood grille.

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by celsoglima, January 13, 2020.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. celsoglima

celsoglima New Member

City, State:
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    00 XLT 3.0L
    I have been chasing a water leak from rain or car wash on the passenger side foot well. The leak is the result of water dripping inside the cavity by the hood (cowl) where the windshield wiper mechanism is located. As I was pouring water down into that cavity with a garden hose, I noticed that when the water was dripping at the end of the perforated area (hood grille) towards the passenger side, some of the water was also finding its way into the air box inside the truck. There is a long story here where I removed the access covers to blow compressed air and use a vacuum clear to remove leaves and other debris that could be clogging any water drainage opening. The driver side was ok, and after some thinking I realized I could use the antenna hole to inspect the passenger side which was also ok. However I could not see much, so I thought I could use an inspection camera. That is when I noticed the strange blob in the image, and I am trying to figure out what the heck that is. Is that a dead snake? Whatever that is, it stuck to the top of that cavity just passed the perforated area. Interestingly it seems to be reason why water is dripping inside the air box! The metal piece next to it is the hood hinge on the passenger side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: January 14, 2020
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.