Strange camp style truck, identify? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strange camp style truck, identify?

DeliciousKeki

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' EB X
This is a weird camper type truck that my grandfather owned, I'll be going to collect it in a couple months but I have no idea what it is. It's a 400 mile drive to go get it, I was just curious and wanted to research on it some before then. And yes I will be using my 94 explorer for the trip :)

Sorry for the small/bad picture but it's all I have.

Ts4CxZR.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks like a Toyota Chinook? The camper looks to be modified though.

looks like a Toyota Chinook? The camper looks to be modified though.

Pretty sure your right about the Toyota Chinook , never seen one the the "Airplane Nose " like that one :thumbsup:

Those are very cool, but gutless. A V6 swap, or a turbo 4 would be cool :D

Are these rare? Seen my fair share around here. I can't imagine driving one, must be terrifying on the freeway.

Wow nice, I would of never guessed being so different. Yeah that would be my next question is rarity. Not worrying about value, I don't know what is wrong with it but I remember it stopped running over 5 years ago. As you said Rick it would be gutless anyway unless he already swapped it with something else, but I doubt that.

So my idea just from thinking about it is to stuff a good V6 in it and mod around with it into a utility truck. I've always wanted to try and do so with an explorer but the lack of space makes it difficult.
[MENTION=115607]colintrax[/MENTION] yeah it probably is, I would like to chop down the top by a lot to lessen the fear of tipping, even with the dually wheels.

Anyhow you can close this thread if you would like since it's pretty off-topic. My question is answered, love yall :)

Back