• Register Today It's free!

Strange popping sound...

chicagoslick

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Since I bought the EXP I have been hearing a weird popping / scratching sound. I finally figured out where it was coming from, the lower drivers door speaker. It mainly makes the sound when the radio is not on. I first thought the speaker was bad, but when you play music it through it it sounds fine...

Anyone else experienced this on the Platinum EXP?

Some of these new cars play noise cancelling through the sound system. They can reduce ambient noise and increase/improve the exhaust sound. I have seen and read about a fuse you can pull to disable this. The review was on the new mustang ecoboost so see if you can find anymore info. Perhaps the platinum uses similar active noise cancelling.

Some of these new cars play noise cancelling through the sound system. They can reduce ambient noise and increase/improve the exhaust sound. I have seen and read about a fuse you can pull to disable this. The review was on the new mustang ecoboost so see if you can find anymore info. Perhaps the platinum uses similar active noise cancelling.

Thanks for replying. I don't think that is the sound. It sounds more like a bad speaker. What's weird is I hear it mainly when the radio is off...I will most likely have to take it in and have them look / listen for it.

Back