Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Strange popping sound...

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by chicagoslick, May 2, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. chicagoslick

chicagoslick Active Member

City, State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2016 Explorer Platinum
    Since I bought the EXP I have been hearing a weird popping / scratching sound. I finally figured out where it was coming from, the lower drivers door speaker. It mainly makes the sound when the radio is not on. I first thought the speaker was bad, but when you play music it through it it sounds fine...

Anyone else experienced this on the Platinum EXP?

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. dentalpain

dentalpain Active Member

City, State:
    Chipley, FL
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport
    Some of these new cars play noise cancelling through the sound system. They can reduce ambient noise and increase/improve the exhaust sound. I have seen and read about a fuse you can pull to disable this. The review was on the new mustang ecoboost so see if you can find anymore info. Perhaps the platinum uses similar active noise cancelling.

4. chicagoslick

chicagoslick Active Member

City, State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    2016 Explorer Platinum

Thanks for replying. I don't think that is the sound. It sounds more like a bad speaker. What's weird is I hear it mainly when the radio is off...I will most likely have to take it in and have them look / listen for it.