Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

strange startup idle

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Ricco4592, July 22, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Ricco4592

Ricco4592 New Member

City, State:
      Oklahoma City
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 Explorer sport
      my 2000 explorer has a weird startup idle. It cuts on, goes to about 2k, then drops down to regular idle. It runs fine,I just didnt think it was normal. I've cleaned the IAC and the MAF to no avail. any suggestions would be appreciated. I took a video so you guys can hear it, not very good quality but it was just for the sound. I think maybe the IAC might be going bad? because when the truck turns off it makes a pffft sound from the area where the IAC is, and when I cleaned it the rod inside of it didnt move much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18_6EtjywVM

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.