Street Style Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Street Style Explorer

W

WhiteLimited

Street Style Explorer - Someone told me I had a very nice street style Explorer and I wanted to see what other people have if they consider them selves more of a "street style" I know a lot or most of you guys are about the lifting and 4wheeling and off road style. Most of you know I'm not, so I wanted to talk to the more aiming for the "street style" I guess kinda like mine maybe? There has to be a few out there. I know a few but, they don't really play on forums any more...Eric and Aille...Who both have lowered Sports very nice indeed. In my near feature I want 20" I'm not looking to lowering it for the fact I do live in Alaska ans its not as smart. What do you guys have done? Share ideas and pictures? Thanks :salute:

Oh heres mine:
8-7-08.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First thing I would say is to remove all the fender molding and running board BS in order to achieve that smooth look...

Yeah, I took that into consideration but I decided not to. I really like them, and if I took them off I would have to weld the holes left over. I can't spray pearl paint and its a pain in the ass(tri-coat). When I was in a fender bender the pearl paint was SO much money. It would be not worth in money wise. :thumbdwn:

That thing looks stock except for the stickers and the weird bull bar thing.

For a nice "street" look, both those would have to go. Then like you said, throw on some decent wheels. The old-lady paint job also isn't a good base to work off of. But I guess that's the cards you were dealt.

I guess mine is kind of "street style" but it's more about keeping all 4 tires on the ground for me. I have a pretty aggressive driving style and am not afraid to push it to it's limits, and a little beyond if there isn't anyone else around.

I like your truck very clean and my driving sounds just like yours. :D

I like your truck very clean and my driving sounds just like yours. :D

thanks, I like to keep it pretty simple so I don't stand out to much, no need in bring any more attention to myself, I like being able to blend in as the slow clumsy suv every now and then. Just makes people jaws drop even more when I take their Camaro's, mustangs, and whatever rice happens to be beside me off the line and leave them behind.:D Well until the 1/8th mile or so and they come blowing by me:(

thanks, I like to keep it pretty simple so I don't stand out to much, no need in bring any more attention to myself, I like being able to blend in as the slow clumsy suv every now and then. Just makes people jaws drop even more when I take their Camaro's, mustangs, and whatever rice happens to be beside me off the line and leave them behind.:D Well until the 1/8th mile or so and they come blowing by me:(

Someday mine will be built similar to what you state in your Sig...:D In time :)

That thing looks stock except for the stickers and the weird bull bar thing.

For a nice "street" look, both those would have to go. Then like you said, throw on some decent wheels. The old-lady paint job also isn't a good base to work off of. But I guess that's the cards you were dealt.

Got any more compliments? :rolleyes:

nice explorers u guys got there

I am with techie. Keep it clean, and the cops don't seem to notice. They will catch onto the honda with a body kit and fart can long before they would ever notice a modded explorer. If I floor it when there are other cars around, the cops are looking for a full size pickup and wouldn't ever consider thinking it was an explorer, unless there was nothing else around. I behave pretty well though, but every once in a while I get the urge to let the V8 scream. If I didn't have those urges I would have never upgraded from the 4.0 OHV. I just have to get rid of those pesky flares. Don't fit the look at all.

If you wouldn't take it wheeling, you have a street explorer.

clean5.jpg

i am with techie. Keep it clean, and the cops don't seem to notice. They will catch onto the honda with a body kit and fart can long before they would ever notice a modded explorer. If i floor it when there are other cars around, the cops are looking for a full size pickup and wouldn't ever consider thinking it was an explorer, unless there was nothing else around. I behave pretty well though, but every once in a while i get the urge to let the v8 scream. If i didn't have those urges i would have never upgraded from the 4.0 ohv. I just have to get rid of those pesky flares. Don't fit the look at all.

If you wouldn't take it wheeling, you have a street explorer.

http://www.99sportx.com/images/clean/clean5.jpg

I love your truck Eric!

AlaskaExplorer, Are you runnin HID's in both the headlights and fogs? If not what bulbs are you using?

AlaskaExplorer, Are you runnin HID's in both the headlights and fogs? If not what bulbs are you using?

My heads are 6,000K

My fogs are 12,000K

Be careful with 12,000K every sellers bulbs range a bit different, I have a friend and she has 12,000K and there PURPLE! ;) If I ever have to get new fogs I will be getting 10,000K

So I decided I really loved the street look. And I just bought 20" rims for my truck! So I can not wait for the summer to ride on them! Now I can not decide if I'm going to lower it like most street truck...Think I should?:salute:Cheers

PhotoShop:
0004rimscopy.jpg

0009.jpg

PS:
With adding the rims, Willam I will be taking the bar off to make you happy! Make a hand full of people happy!

I think a 2" drop would look good, I wouldn't go any lower than that though

Yeah I would never go lower then 2" from what I read and walking to my street explorer friends that all say the same thing. I think this would be about 2"?

0004rimscopylowerd.jpg

Right? What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back